Waymore's Blues (Cover)

Cover of Waylon’s Waymore’s Blues. Recorded in September of 2020.

Waymore’s Blues (Dropbox/WAV)

5 Likes

@J.W.C Jason, this is a really great song, and I think your performance of it is very good; playing and vox. I think you should do “way more” like this. So talented!

1 Like

Thanks, Dave, I appreciate the feedback. Got a chuckle from the “way more.” :slight_smile:

I’ve got a few more Waylon songs I may record in the near future.

Really liked that Jason - although I was waiting for the harmonica that never came on!! :smiley: (I don’t know the original so have no idea if there’s harp in it - but there should be!)

Thank you, Mari. I agree that harp would sound good on this (and maybe make it a bit longer since it’s quite short).

If I recall correctly, when I recorded this my aim was “just get something recorded” instead of “start a project” (which tends to be where I usually end up heading, adding percussion and bass and other instruments). So I went for keeping it simple: just record a take of singing and playing a song and put it out there. This recording was kind of a “breakthrough” as far as that goes. I’m a lot more comfortable with minor mistakes and such than I used to be.

1 Like

Like a D.O.G.

Love Waylon! Good job!

Another stellar performance Jason. Lovely playing and great singing.

I don’t know why but at the very beginning when you started playing I got a, coward of the county, feeling. Ooooo, do you do requests? :smiley:

Thank you! I’m a big Waylon fan. My country tastes run towards artists like Waylon, Merle Haggard, Willie, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr., George Jones, Johnny Cash, Whitey Morgan & the 78s, et alii. And western swing (Bob Wills, Asleep at the Wheel, etc). If you like country, I also recorded a cover performance of David Allen Coe’s song, The Ride. Great song.

Thank you.

Must be the alternating bass. Coward of the County has that, too. I agree that would be a good one to cover.