Wayne from Vancouver Island BC

Hi everyone!

I decided about 10 years ago that I wanted to learn guitar. I bought a guitar and amp. and signed up for private lessons. At my first lesson the teacher said " what song do you want learn? " My response was " I want to learn how to play, I don’t care what song. Songs were what he was teaching…not how to play.
I stuck with the lessons for quite a while but I did not progress and I did not learn how to “play”.
I quit the lessons and quit the guitar, but I knew at some point I would start again.
Well I have started again, learning from Justinguitar. This is exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you Justin Sandercoe!

3 Likes

Welcome Wayne! You’ve found the right place to learn to play - and your video of Hey Joe shows that you’re making good progress! I’m looking forward to seeing more as you progress through the lessons.

1 Like

Welcome Wayne! I think it’s great you kept searching to find the right fit!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community Wayne. :slight_smile:

Stick with Justin’s course and you’ll be playing the guitar in no time.

1 Like

Thanks!! I definitely will be sticking with it. :smiley:

Welcome to the community Wayne from another Canadian

1 Like

Hi Wayne and welcome to the community

1 Like

Hi Wayne, glad you have decided to give it another shot. Your experience is proof that not all teachers are created equal! Unfortunately I think what happened to you is not unusual, and a lot of beginners think they are the problem, not the teacher.

Looking forward to seeing you around the Community. Good luck with your learning adventure!

1 Like

A belated hello and welcome. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Even more belated welcomes, Wayne. Learning to play is the right mindset and as you go through Justin’s programmes you find learning songs is key to being apply what you’ve learned.

1 Like

I think one of the best things Justin brings to his program is a fantastic balance between teaching you the mechanics of how to play, along with the theory of how this western music stuff works, as well with how to put the technique and theory together with playing songs! Sounds like that is exactly what your first teacher was not so good at.

1 Like