Website broken or old links

Can you please share a screenshot?
Iā€™m not sure what the problem is here.
Maybe another for @larynejg to note.

I do see it but when I click on it I get a red Unable to add error box. Iā€™ll post a screenshot.

Since I did the feedback I canā€™ t undo it and I donā€™t see the feedback module used in grade 2 or 3 yet. But usually mark as complete is this button. For the feedback it is in the middle of the photo that does not show up now. Not a biggie just took me a while to figure out how to force 97% to 100%.

Ha I got it. Also did work if I clicked on the lesson little page symbol to finish it. So since there is more than one way to close it not a needed fix. Just if someone asks later the ā€œMark as completeā€ did not show up at first so I didnā€™t get why I was at 92%. :slight_smile:

The Hey Joe is added now. Not sure when I was able to add it. Let me try the others.

I verified these are now added to my songs.
kenny-rogers-the-gambler-chords-tabs-guitar-lesson-bs-106
johnny-cash-i-walk-the-line-chords-tabs-guitar-lesson-bs-105

Ok I figured out how to reproduce these. Again not a big issue. Itā€™s a bit of a corner case. I may have had a song in more than one tab on safari. Then if I click ADD on one tab and try to click ADD on the second tabā€¦ it gives me this error. I went through grade 1 and left songs to practice later open in tabs. Since some songs are mentioned in more than one lesson it led to this error. Just part of the ā€œneed to hit refreshā€ before interacting with the page if any updates were done to it.

-EUSERERROR? :rofl:

Agreed. I think itā€™s a bit of a consistency thing since many modules to tend to have links that jump around. I wonā€™t call these out if I see them again unless itā€™s glaring. :slight_smile:

Just a note about this is there are a few modules that link to the classic course modules in place but I 100% agree the new course really is good enough to stand on its own.

Yeah itā€™s a low priority thing it just is a bit jarring because what happens is I am on module 1, link opens module 2ā€¦ i finish module 2ā€¦ eventually I close the tab and find that grade 1 still shows I did not finish module 2. You have to remember to hit refresh. Not a biggy.

Thanks for the quick fixes and responses. I have a few notes I can consolidate for Grade 2 broken links. Do you want me to open a new topic for grade 2 or add them here?

Also for some reason the forum is not loading for me on safari so I switched to chrome. No idea why. If I figure it out Iā€™ll let you know.

Grade2 Broken or Old links

Mod 8 - Lesson 1

Link end of The Stuck 3&4 Chords | JustinGuitar.com

gives 404

Mod 8 - Lesson 7

ā€œSpotify Playlist for Module 8ā€ tries to open an iframe in a new tab and fails to load

Mod 8 - Lesson 9

Canā€™t add ā€œthis lesson to your practice routineā€ goes to the last link clicked previously? In my case: The Note Circle | JustinGuitar.com

Several practice assistant and login links donā€™t really go anywhere or copy the last link clicked which is odd. Not a biggy to fix just odd. Ie ā€œpractice assistantā€ here for another example: Beginner Hammer-Ons | JustinGuitar.com

Mod 11 - intro

ā€œsongwritingā€ link goes to Happy Birthday

Mod 11 - Lesson 3

Links to old forum

Mod 11 - Lesson 9

No link to Justin guitar community at the end of Learn More

Instagram link doesnā€™t go to song writing post just generic Justin instagram. I donā€™t have an insta account so I couldnā€™t scroll to find the link.

Mod 14 Lesson 6

Justin Guitar Community links to old forum:

Mod 12 - Lesson 1

tones and semitones link to an empty search. Probably meant to be: Tones And Semitones | JustinGuitar.com

Mod 12 - Lesson 2

John Mayer links to search but maybe should go to

Mod 12 - Lesson 8

Fifth root & String changes links both go to Power Chords

Mod 13 - Intro

Improvise a solo over 12 bar blues link does not work: 12 Bar Blues, Chords, Riffs & Solos! | JustinGuitar.com

Mod 13 - Lesson 1

Check out blues songs suggestions just goes to the next module which is confusing

Mod 14 - Intro

jamming guitar for beginners link broken

Mod 14 - Lesson 4

Justin Guitar Community links to old forum

Mod 14 - Lesson 10 (nit)

Why I run JustinGuitar this way link is the same as donate link. Maybe the second link is missing an anchor to expand the bottom FAQ?

I havenā€™t done grade 3 yet but I will take notes as I go through it and update maybe next year :wink:

Site is great just tried to find the right links I think should go for grade 2 and left off anything I didnā€™t think was worth fixing. Hope my activity doesnā€™t stress anyone out. Since Iā€™m going through it, hoping to make it better for the next person and help you update to the new courses/forums. Cheers!

Just an update that I think if I had some lessons pinned and open in tabs (like 5) the forum had a hard time loading on safari. So thatā€™s what was the issue for me.

Add them here please. :slight_smile:

Added above. I saw it somewhere you asked if I did the classic version (no but found lots of links to it) and not sure I replied but to clarifyā€¦ I did Grade 1 & 2 in the app. Came to the site to do Grade 3 and decided to just review 1&2 to see what I missed. Pro is it helped me find some nav issues others might not have noticed. Con is I probably hit some use cases that were unusual since most people would do the grades at a slower pace. Anyways. Thatā€™s all my feedback for a while. I got a new guitar strap and trying to stretch my small hand around to use my thumb to mute the 5th string for some chords so I will be practicing 1&2 for a while before I move to 3 and have more feedback. Thank you to all who work on this site and app. Youā€™re the best. I have been frustrated trying to learn for many years and now feel like I made progress. If youā€™re ever in PDX Iā€™ll buy ya a beer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @dsheath Thanks for all the debugginā€™ mate! :smiley:
Much appreciated!

Not sure this will be on your priority list to fix but just noticed the practice assistant routine you can add in Module 8 lesson 8 ā€œ10 min practiceā€ video play along has no sound and the comments donā€™t mention which song suggestions to play. Took me a bit to drag the video cursor to find that itā€™s ā€œEvery Rose has Itā€™s Thorns, Wonderwall, Good Riddanceā€. The video also skips House of Rising Sun and One Hand in My Pocket in a cut away so would be nice to either add comment or sound. I was able to download the Four Chords app and at least play these three for free. :slight_smile: