We're Not Gonna Take It | Twisted Sister | September '23 AVOYP

First of all, sorry if this is going to be in your head for next couple of days. :innocent:

There’s always going to be some controversy around this song or Dee Snider, but we’re not here for the politics are we? It’s one of my guilty pleasures and about as good as glam rock gets.

The main riff is a straight progression with I, IV and V chords and a nice chunka chunka feel. The pre-chorus with the chromatic run is fun too.

The solo got me puzzled for a while. I think I can hear three distinct parts playing the harmony, but I’ve stuck with two that resonate the most to my ear.

I hope you like it!

24 Likes

That was a lot of fun, Jeff, and well played. Great tone, really fat and full.

1 Like

Deadly. Love it

1 Like

Hi Jeff, whohooo, that was cool :star_struck:!
Loved it :smiley:!
I always enjoy your recordings, using different guitars, different camera angles, fantastic guitar playing,… Lots to love :heart_eyes:. It’s obvious, that you’ve put quite a lot of time and effort into it. Thanks for sharing :hugs:.
Keep on rockin’ :metal::fire::guitar::sunglasses:!

1 Like

Loved it Jeff!!!
Sounded awsome!!

1 Like

That was awesome. Two different types of guitars complemented each other well. Multiple camera angles were great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely loved this and you are right, this song is now stuck in my head. Rock on! :metal:

1 Like

Nice work Jeff and the solon was cool as well.

1 Like

That was great Jeff. The playing was solid, and the production with multiple camera’s and tracks rocked.

1 Like

Ah, Twisted Sister, brings back memories of MTV. That was awesome, Jeff :slight_smile: :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Dang…
Two days later & I still have Twisted Sister looping in my head… Curse you Guitar Guy!!!
Lol!
Seriously well played & love the headstock camera!!! What’s your setup for that? No criticism at all… just applause!!! :clap:t2::clap:t2:

Tod

That was great, Jeff. Love the multi-camera views. Your dynamics are excellent! All around magnificent stuff.

1 Like

That was awesome! so cool and really well done!! :star_struck:
Loved it!! :guitar: :clap:t2: :smiley: :sunflower:

1 Like

That was terrific, playing was spot on as was the tone. Great job.

1 Like

You rock!!!

1 Like

That was rockin’ good fun Jeff. Loved your tones and the camera angles.

1 Like

Hey Jeff! Took me a few days to get to this, I saw it pop up on my YouTube feed being a subscriber and all :wink: but wanted to wait until I could listen through some decent cans, but every time I had an opportunity I just had my phone. Finally that opportunity came today and it was worth the wait, as I knew it would be! Very well played my friend, tight as ever, and the rhythm tracks having just the right amount of dirty/gritty/chunky tone to them. Also, I liked the way you had those panned, sounded good to me and kept it interesting. I struggled to find anything to suggest for improvement, but perhaps the solo lacked just a little bit of life? :thinking: Admittedly it was very much like the original so perhaps I should point this suggestion to TS instead :joy:
Thanks for doing this track, I was thinking that it probably had a significant impact on me as a kid in the 80s, I liked it very much then and it quite possibly helped to push me more towards heavier music (along with AC/DC). I vividly recall the music video, so cheesy! Hilarious when I think back on it! :rofl:
Great stuff buddy! Keep 'em coming! :metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

Banging stuff Jeff :slight_smile:
Hearing this recalls a really bad 80’s movie, Iron Eagle, in my head. Rubbish film and released in parallel to Top Gun so it was never going to be a success.

Terrific tone and nice video work again sir!

1 Like

Fantastic job!

1 Like

WHAT?!?! I loved Iron Eagle! Watch the trailer and tell me you’re not pumped to see this 80’s classic again?! And check out the killer soundtrack! Wayyyyyyyy better than Top Gun IMHO! :roll_eyes: :rofl:

Sorry, rant over… apologies for the hijack, Jeff!! :grimacing: :joy:

2 Likes