Werewolves of London - Cover by Oldhead49 & LBro

LBro/OH49 hi guys great job both of you
the guitar work, vocals and mix are top notch, as always when the two of you do something together.
I have not heard the original, and your work will be the benchmark for this song for me :slight_smile:

Mike

1 Like

Hi Pam and thanks so much for the very kind words, comments and thoughts! It makes it all worthwhile when someone enjoys a production as much as you did. It sounds like our little cover really opened up a good time for you when it comes to watching and learning more about Zevon! It is too bad he passed so soon, but I think he led a “hard life”, that was not exactly long on living.

Of the 2 songs mentioned above, I found “Lawyers, Guns and Money” to be a good song. Check it out for sure!

All the rock’n best!
LB

Hey Mike,
Thanks for stopping by and checking this one out! You and a few others had never heard this. I guess it only charted at about 20 on the Billboard list and was not on the list that many weeks. So in the end I guess it was easy to miss, due to that. I am glad we are the benchmark for this one, but you really should check out the original. The guy sings a lot better than I!

All the rock’n best,
LB

So much live and admiration already, rightly, sent your way.
Top notch fllas.

I’ve never heard this song before. Your production was fantastic. You both did an amazing job. Man, you can howl LB :wink: keep up the great work, it’s always a joy to watch these collaborations.

the word you’re thinking of is “Alliteration”

A classic with a lot of cover versions, this is one of the better ones - you’ve nailed the instrumentals, and then made the vocals your own with your phrasing and dynamics :+1:

That’s it - thanks.

This really brought a smile to my face; the performance and production are crisp and original. A lot of hard work went into this - bravo!

That was great, listened the whole way through. Tried to leave a comment, but could only Like.

The chords sounded right to me. The production was very good.

Thanks for sharing guys!

The bass sounds like it was played by a drummer :slight_smile:

Hi Gordon,
Better late than never, as the saying goes! Thanks on us putting our own mark on this one. We tried to make it more interesting than the original.

Come now, you must share your Soho experience! LOL, that is if it is ok to share on here???

Keep on rock’n and all the best to you!
LB

Hi Richard,
Glad this one resonated with you! Thanks for the comments and do take good care on your end!

LB

Glad you got a chance to listen James! It is fun to share a new song and even better when you like it! We have coyotes here in my area and they howell at night. I just tired to sound like them… LOL

Keep rock’n and take care,
LB

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the nice comments and glad this version of the song moved you a bit. Special thanks on the vocals as a lot of work has been put in on those!

You take good care and keep on a rock’n,
LB

1 Like

Hi Gary,
Glad the listen brought on a grin for you on that end! Yes, most have no idea the amount of time it takes to pull off a production, such as this! Thanks for acknowledging that! Though it is hard work, it is a labor of love and or a great hobby to have. Best of all, we have fun, (when able). Ha, ha…

Keep on rock’n,
LB

Hi John,
Glad you made it through this one. Sorry on not being able to leave a YT comment. I think I had it set to “no spam”. I guess that locked all out or something, so I opened it back up to everything. It should work in the future.

Thanks on the production! No problem in sharing and just glad you found the spin to your liking.

Now on bass, I don’t know if you read my disclaimer. In that I have played bass all of about an hour in 40 years prior to this effort. I am not sure if your complimenting it or more likely shooting it down. It was not real good. Which is why the next time we need a bass player I will tap you on the shoulder! :wink:

Rock it down mate!
LB

Hey LB,

Yes, I think production is arguably really the unsung hero of the music industry. Please tell me how you uploaded your finished recording to the site. I’d like to share a recording that I made with the community but only see where you can use the site’s recording feature.

Many thanks,
Gary

Gary

Most of us upload our videos to YouTube post production, Soundcloud for Audio. I do not understand your comment about the sites recording feature. I have been here since 2013 and never encountered it, Can you provide a link ?

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Hi Gary,
Pretty simple on the “site upload”. Of course I have my videos parked at YouTube. If your upload file is not there, then park it someplace on the Internet. Copy the URL Link into the clipboard (Cont - C). Paste that link into a post in this category. Also known as the AVOYP area. On a YouTube video it will embed the video as you see it above in my OP (Original Post). Or you can use the Hyperlink icon 4th in from the left at the top of your post (message). Hope all that makes sense, if not, let me know.
:smiley:
LB

Toby,
Possibly this is what Gary meant? Look at the upper left of the AVOYP Screen…

-LB

Yes, thanks LB!
pg

Hi Gary,
Ok, I think you are all set up to post. If not and you need help. You know where to find it here. With that said, I am looking forward to your post!

Keep rock’n,
LB

Hey LB,

First, I may have neglected thank you for your help with this. If so let me correct that by saying ‘thank you’ - very much!

I started with Justin, about 2-3 yrs ago. I wasn’t active when the revised site re-launched as I was in the midst of a home purchase & relocation. Now that I’m back, and while it’s even better than before, I’m on somewhat of a learning curve with some features. Between that and Justin’s Theory Course, my 70 yo brain resources are working at max capacity. I’ll try to get something up asap.

Again many thanks!
pg

1 Like