What are you currently listening to? 2022

Iā€™m pretty much with you. I guess Born in the USA was much more ā€œcommercialā€ than the rest. Here in the US it was massively hyped and he played so many sold out stadiums on that tour. Many (most?) of the people who bought those tickets had no idea who Springsteen was outside of the iconic song. Anyway, probably my least favorite of his albums. I really canā€™t put my finger on what it is - something about him makes me want to dislike him, but I suppose after over 40 years of making music for millions of fans heā€™s proven to be pretty good at what he does!

1 Like

Ooo ,ā€¦of course I know the great works of Springsteenā€¦and I have a lot of them on vinyl record and tapeā€¦but I have an okay/love relationship ā€¦I find a lot so

1 Like

Street Survivors Full Album

Simples

To be followed by

Van Zant Brother to Brother Full Album

Just blame @stitch

1 Like

For the last week it has been these guys. Just released a new album after several years of silence. Norwegian band that most of you probably have never heard about. Check them out. They are great.

2 Likes

Fantastic band :sunglasses:
(I thought they had packed it in after the death of their guitarist.)
I posted one of their songs just recently in another category here

Yeah. They kind of did pack things together after his death. But they decided to go for it again. and they are almost as good as they were back in the days :grin:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
Toby if you like Van Zant, Johnny wrote this for in memory of his Brother Ronny.
The little girl (Melody) mentioned in the song is Ronnies daughter.

Remember it well. Dug out the Rossington Collins albums as well for todayā€™s listening. :sunglasses:

I didnā€™t but will see if I can find it.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner

RCB is one of my favorite bands.

1 Like

The Scottish Bob Dylan??

In line with what I generally play Iā€™ve just started listening to the new album from Tears for Fears called Tipping Point. Definitely a favourite group of mine as a teenager and what has fleetingly returned with great come back singles a number of times. I have to admit this one seems a pretty good return to form (or maybe Iā€™m getting more easily pleased as I get older). Good thing as ā€œthe bandā€ are off to see them at Cardiff Castle in July!

1 Like

This performance is from one of the ā€˜reaction toā€™ channels I watch on YT, she sings anything from full on classical to jazz and blues plus occasionally pop, this track is a favourite of mine and I think that she makes a great job of it!

3 Likes

Rossington Collins Band - a surprising discovery for me!

@sairfingers: I did not know what to expect but that was a great performance and very entertaining!

@Rossco01: I found out about their new album yesterday. I had no clue they were still going strong!

@DarrellW: Amazing stuff!

Anyone else following Fernando?

Iā€™ll post if I catch the live streams coming inā€¦

1 Like

OK this was a bit of blast heading into the module 2 fingerpicking stuff

2 Likes

Iā€™ve listened his version of Crawling. Really beautiful cover

Hope this song isnā€™t a prerequisite to pass to grade 3 :sweat_smile:

1 Like