What are you currently listening to? 2022

Blame it on the Preece !!

A classic mix of the talented Mr G with a very polite and appreciative audience. :sunglasses:
If any one questions why learn the Blues ? Well its in the core all music since the mid '50s.

6 Likes

Having just completed Grade 1 and learning all about time signatures I’ve been listening the other day to Chris Cornell’s cover of Billie Jean where he changes the time signature of the song to 6:8.

Here’s 3 generations of Larsens with Mona & Lisa when they played their residency in the Cavern, Liverpool :smiley:

3 Likes

With Brian at the back! Did you see their gig? I’ve been a big fan of theirs for ages but never had the opportunity to go and see them :smiling_face_with_tear:. Maybe if this stupid germ will fizzle out I could go to see them as part of my bucket list! :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Haha I was at their first gig when they relocated to Liverpool. We were an audience of 5 (excluding their manager & families). Seen them a number of times- and nearly hired them for a fundraising gig once. They’re lovely, as is their mum.
Not only do they do great 60s/Beatles covers, but cracking originals in that style too :smiley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bAuhDjlAmM&ab_channel=MonaLisaTwins

1 Like

I know, I’ve followed them for a very long time!
I don’t really understand why they’ve not got to be more mainstream, I suppose if they’re happy where they are why bother with all of the stress. To me they always give the impression that they’re enjoying themselves which I’ve always believed is much more important.
This is my first memory of them:

I’ve been listening to these guys again after starting to learn one of their songs. They are soooooo good.

1 Like

I believe the men of Led zeppelin like it too… :grin:

1 Like

By far the best cover of Stairway; except maybe:

I’m going to put all my acoustics away and sit in the corner and cry.

7 Likes

Very very impressive ! And you get the lyrics :smiley:

I always wonder how people come up with this crazy arrangements. Awesome and depressing at the same time! :upside_down_face:

I might just have to crush her sweet hands… :spider: :spider: :ringer_planet:

Thanks for sharing @stitch. Most enjoyable.

More of Justin’s mindful listening and get stuck into your theory :grin:

Here’s another cover of WTTJ that I enjoy … I’d still be in corner crying if I had aspirations to play like such people :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Perhaps this one will encourage you to come out of your corner, @stitch, and stop crying (or maybe you’ll be crying for other reasons :grin: )

Still having a bit of a Rory fest and having a listen to the Big Guns double album (released in 2005). Here’s a live version of the title track. :smiley: Trouble is I spend most of the time watching Gary McAvoy’s antic if I view on Youtube and not Rory !!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner

Fabulous, Toby. Loved that intro … Sabbath meets Bond.

Have to love all the rock player shapes being thrown to add to the drama. And of course Rory does OK with his jump and into a Berry-esque duck-walk thing towards the end.

What a legend!

1 Like

Found my way to this after @sairfingers posted another link to an NY Farm Aid performance elsewhere …

2 Likes

Reminds me of this, my favorite cover of When the Levee Breaks

Of course, Led Zeppelin’s version is a cover, too!

2 Likes

I’ve been grooving on Texas Tornados a lot lately. Doug Sahm, Freddy Fender, Flacco Jimenez, and Angie Meyers.

4 Likes