What are you currently listening to? 2022

Iron Hand Dire Straits
NummerVideo

You and Your Friend
And this one deserves extra attention when this CD is on… :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Nice covers. I do like Amy’s voice. Evanescence are a great band.

Welcome to the community Andrew. :slight_smile:

Can listen to her all day.

Welcome @AGJ good to see you !

:sunglasses:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=WAUiHImStdI&feature=share

Pink Floyd: Coming back to life
One of my favorites

2 Likes

A recent post for Richard’s testimonial open mic had me humming some great songs about time:

The Great British Summertime by Imperial Leisure

and saving some time, or killing two birds with one stone by sharing Pink Floyd’s Time on my 8mm home move thread

1 Like

What no Mungo Jerry !!

2 Likes

Coma Divine by Porcupine Tree.

Some very interesting Pop covers,
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCPbEcJyVcETaWrubYOg4UTw
An ear worm………

They are really good for a cover band. Came across their videos while searching something on YT. Unfortunately they lost some singers like Andy Seymour and Nikki Kosmider. What I really like is, that they seem to have so much fun and passion for what they are doing.

1 Like

Bryan Adams just released a new album, “So Happy It Hurts”, and its great … Good old rock music.
Loved the title track at least in part because I’ve lived this song, heading east out of Calgary on the Trans-Canada highway with the Rocky Mountains in the rear-view mirror.
Any rock and roll guitarists will also enjoy the 7th track (link here: (8) Bryan Adams - Kick *** - YouTube ) Note the title and the lyrics replace the *** :slight_smile:
Just a great album from a great musician

Glen

That was fun, Glen. The intro voice-over sounded a little John Cleese at times, and the intro echoing AC/DC, just great good old fashioned rock 'n roll.

Glad you enjoyed it David.

I kind of thought more along the lines of David Attenborough

1 Like

No School Like the Old Skool!

Just look how relaxed and smooth Billy Gibbons’ left-hand technique is!

4 Likes

Reminds me of when my daughter was at Uni, along with Muse and a few other bands she introduced me to, SOAD, this is one of my fav tracks of theirs:

From Wikipedia:
After Bach is a solo album by pianist Brad Mehldau. It consists of five compositions from Johann Sebastian Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier interspersed with pieces by Mehldau that were inspired by them. The performances were recorded in 2017 and released by Nonesuch Records the following year.

She’s really good. I’m so pleased you posted this.

Always nice to hear something different @glpguitar
The album art reminded me strongly of my Bauhaus @ the BBC :wink:

Talking of a bit different, my son has had Tinariwen (a touareg band) on heavy rotation.
Robert Plant name-checked them on Desert Island Discs this week, so I thought I’d give them some sunny Saturday morning time :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@brianlarsen did you notice both the lead guitarist and the
bass player are playing right handed guitars upside down.
Strings are still strung right handed.

1 Like