What are you currently playing? (Video games)

You ever play Xenogears for the ps1 back in the day? Thats one of my most fav rpgs of all time!

Well @Goffik , I didnā€™t have the intention to make anyone feel bad for the time spent in a hobby. sorry if i did with you.

A hobby is a hobby and as @Bytron08 said. it is all about enjoying. And we can enjoy everything we are interested in.

That said, iā€™m going to kick some angels with bayonetta before going to sleep :grimacing:

What a game! I loved it. Is so beautifulā€¦And made in Spain :grimacing:.

Cyberpunk, stray and GoW Ragnarokā€¦ we have pretty similar backlog, @artax_2 :ok_hand:

Sounds as though things have moved on from ping pong tennis, that I last played, whoops might have just shown my age.

Iā€™m familiar with it but Iā€™ve never played it. Back then I was playing the Final Fantasy games (7, 8, 9, and tactics) as well as other JRPGs like Legends of Dragoon. There are definite gaps that I have in the genre. I purchased the Chrono cross remaster and I havenā€™t even touched it yet. Iā€™m also purchasing the Tactics Ogre remake later this year too!

Between video games, guitar, reading, tv/movies itā€™s so hard to find the time! I love them all though so I generally do find time for everything I just have to be selective. It doesnā€™t help that my favorite games tend to have 100+ hours of content.

Never played Bayonetta but Iā€™m a huge platinum fan. Loved Nier: Automata!

Iā€™ve gamed a lot over the years. Definitely had times Iā€™ve done more of it and times Iā€™ve done less. Enjoyed (wasted?) sooo many hours playing different kinds of games. FPS, RPG, dark souls-esque, all sorts.

Last couple of years I was into sim racing, mainly for practice for IRL racing. It was super fun initially but it became too much hard work due to the competitive nature. After the sim rig was sitting there unused for almost a year I decided games are supposed to be fun, not work, and sold it.

Over the last year or so I havenā€™t gamed a whole lot but still been gaming. I play a bit of call of duty occasionally. Iā€™m playing Returnal on PS5 - epic action rogue-like, but HARD - and slay the spire on switch. Also occasionally go back to Dead Cells.

As much as I love them, I find I donā€™t really want to get into immersive worlds like the Witcher 3 these days. I used to love those kind of games because you could bury yourself in the world & story for hours. Like a good fantasy novel series. I havenā€™t felt like doing that for a while, I donā€™t really want to sink the time into it and gaming is easier in short bursts when kids are around. I spent around 2 hours in Cyberpunk 2077 when it was released and havenā€™t loaded it up since.

Guitar time has definitely replaced a lot of gaming time. Like @LievenDV said, not all practice either, mostly just playing songs or playing around,

I thought Hollow Knight was great, although I gave it up after I got lost at one point. Hades was also awesome. Will have to give Gris a try, one issue I have as a casual gamer that likes those sort of games is that sometimes theyā€™re just too hard! And I say that having beat Dead Cells up to the 3rd Stem Cell (NG+3 for those that know that terminology with dark-souls type games).

Very nice guys! Jkahn i love the dark souls series! Elden ring was sooo good! I wish they would release bloodborne for the pc though lol.

I havenā€™t played Elden Ring, just had a quick look at it and it sounds awesome. Will have to try it sometime. Bloodborne was my first souls game, itā€™s worth getting a playstation for. I played it so much I got the PS platinum on it (all achievements basically). Only game Iā€™ve ever done that for.

1 Like

I hear you on Hollow Knight. I got lost, I gave up, and I rage quitted a bunch. I then tried to just watch others play it on Twitch. But I couldnā€™t get the joy as from when I played it. So I always went back. When I finally got one version of the credits, I proclaimed that Iā€™d beaten it and I was happy with that. Now I just pop back in and hop around a little bit to satisfy the urge.

Hades rocked my brain because Iā€™d never played a rouge like before and I almost couldnā€™t handle it. But once I got over not seemingly making much progress, and got used to it, I loved that game!

Elden ring is awesome you would love it! Yeah i beat bloodbourne back in the day when i had it for the ps. Just waiting for them to release it on pc now lol.

Never have tried hollow knight though

No no, donā€™t worry. What I said above is what Iā€™ve been thinking over the last few years, long before I read your comment in this thread. I just found it interesting that someone else was having similar thoughts. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t feel ā€œbadā€ about the time Iā€™ve spent gaming, per se. Just that Iā€™ve probably wasted a lot of time that could have been better spent elsewhere, on more creative hobbies.

Hmm, I guess we all feel differently about it. Looking back, I do feel that a lot of that time has been wasted, for me personally. Sure, I enjoyed the games, but as mentioned, what did they give me other than some instant gratification and keeping boredom at bay for a while?

I feel like gaming and TV are the ā€œeasy optionsā€ these days, what people turn to because other hobbies require too much effort to get into. The result is that fewer and fewer people actually have any other hobbies. If theyā€™re not working theyā€™re in front of their TVs, gaming or watching.

Oh, Iā€™m not preaching, by the way. I just spent the evening gaming myself, because I decided I was too hot to play guitar today. Thatā€™s a pretty lame excuse!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah I game, When I can, which isnā€™t a lot right now!

Last game bought was stray but only spent a couple hours on it due to the new kitten and other thingsā€¦

I mostly do single player rpg / strategy or shooter kinds, have a vr headset so also play some of that which is quite a different experienceā€¦

Witcher 3 probably my all time most played at the momentā€¦

( have also played a lot of mmoā€™s, world of tanks etc)

I actually got back into guitar at Xmas with rocksmith, got me interested again but ultimately isnā€™t the best learning toolā€¦

I was up to my ears in Europa Universalis IV for a while, but Iā€™m a mere infant at playing that game with only 330 hours under my belt.

Continuing to have a great time with Valheim, playing the FF7 remake with a mate once a week, well on those weeks when neither of us is sick and we can actually get together in person anyway.

But at the moment a lot of the time and headspace I would normally spend on games is taken up by guitar, recording, voice training, learning music theory.

I game, came to it fairly late, got my first PS2 in 2006. Have been part of a community called Oldageplaystationers. Mainly play online multiplayer, played a lot of Socom on PS3. Have a shelf full of tons of gamesm selling them off on eBay for peanuts :roll_eyes:. I play much less since getting into guitar as well. I do play COD with some friends in Blighty for an hour or so each night. Got a PS5 but am not impressed with the games, nothing seems new. Our community is now very splintered, playing different games. I use my PS5 mainly for youtube of guitar stuff.

Ha, funny to read that. I got the platinum trophy for Bloodborne just a few days ago - and, like you, thatā€™s the only game Iā€™ve ever done that forā€¦ in a lifetime of gaming!
Iā€™m actually on a bit of a soul-style phase atm. My boys gifted me the Demonā€™s Souls remake for my birthday in late 2021, and that was my first game in that genre. It was difficult, but eventually I managed to beat itā€¦ and got hooked. Then I played through Elden Ring, Bloodborneā€¦ and a few days ago I started Dark Souls 3 :slight_smile:

All in all I play a ton of games, and I also make video games for a livingā€¦ so, like guitar, itā€™s a great passion of mine.

1 Like

Dark Souls 3 was my first soulsborne, so good! Since then Iā€™ve played and finished everything except for Bloodborne and Demonā€™s Souls (Mostly game on my Series X). Now that I have a Playstation 5 as well Demonā€™s Souls is downloaded and just waiting for me to have time to play it. Bloodborne Iā€™m waiting for a proper remakeā€¦or even a remaster. Despite being playable on PS5 itā€™s still 1080p, 30FPS with really bad frame pacing issues. Crazy for one of Playstationā€™s biggest hits. Surely itā€™ll get something done with it before I play it.

If you havenā€™t tried Sekiro you really should. Itā€™s takes away some of the RPG elements but the difficulty is still there. In fact, I think Sekiro is the hardest soulsborne game by far. You canā€™t over level bosses, lol.

1 Like

Sounds like youā€™ve been bitten by the dark souls bug. I almost got talked out of buying Bloodborne when I did, I bought it from a game store, the sales assistant there said it was really hard and I could return it in 7 days if I didnā€™t like it. Well that didnā€™t happen. I went Bloodborne, DS3 (shortly after launch), and then into DS1 & 2. DS1 & 2 didnā€™t really click for me the way Bloodborne & DS3 did. They can absolutely ruin other melee combat games that donā€™t have similar tight control feel.

What kind of games do you make?

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I fear it, lol! :slight_smile: Maybe one day, I like the setting a lotā€¦ and it looks awesome.