What are your favourite guitars in your collection, and why?

Hi Gary,
My eldest daughter was studying in Edinburgh a couple of years ago and she found this guitar in a dumpster. When I was collecting her stuff, I thought I might clean it up and esperiment without having to worry about ruining anything. Turns out it was in very good nick, mainly needing a good clean.
I filed down the bridge to lower the action a bit and much later drilled a hole in the back to install a jack for a sound hole pickup.
I love the aesthetics (and sound) of my Hagström, but the ergonomics and feel of my HB make it my go-to electric at the moment.
Before:

After (incl. sound)

Hagström Viking

4 Likes

Yeah he also owns a Messiah but that’s a dreadnought without a cutaway while mine is a smaller “808” shape with cutaway. It’s his video’s with that guitars from years ago that already made it #1 on my list :smiley:

1 Like

The one I meant was the one from Module 11, Fingerstyle lesson, as @DavidP mentions, that must be the Froggy Bottom, good to know. So obviously not the Maton…sorry Lieven :joy:

Edit: Just saw some prices for the Froggy Bottoms: UNBELIEVABLE :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Well, you know what they say Andrea? If you ask how much they cost, you ain’t got enough :joy:

1 Like

Yeah these prices are nuts :smiley:

Especially compared to that £32 guitar Justin found on Amazon

1 Like

Maybe you’re right :joy:. As always in life: there is a price for everything and it’s up to you to decide, if it’s worth it. As a beginner, I’m in the comfortable position not to ask myself wether I need such an expensive guitar. In Germany we say: " Perlen vor die Säue schmeissen", which means throwing pearls to swines, so I’m happy for those, who deserve such wonderful instruments. I’ll keep it smaler…

2 Likes

Same in English.
We had a lecturer in college who sometimes said: “Before we finish, I’d like to cast a few more pearls before you…”
I always thought it was a very elegant insult :wink:

Indeed, there are ways to express things more elegantly :joy:. But in my case, at my stage “triffts den Nagel auf den Kopf” :wink: :joy:

1 Like

Same In Holländisch…( watch my avatar)…knorr knorr… :joy:
Greetings,…

@roger_holland Whether", forgot the h. Nice guitar! PRS? Good choice, for sure :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Helen,…

I sometimes type something whitout Gooogle transelationi and then I makies a spelling mistaaake every 3 words :grimacing: :smile: … so I don’t pay attention to that (and hopefully nobody) …
Yes PRS Vela semi-hollow…and I hardly play it,…there is an Ibanez here that is over 300 gr lighter …but for those few moments it is very nice to play and to watch… :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Aaaaah, and I wondered why your English seems to be better than mine :joy:

Anyway, beautiful guitar!

1 Like