What did you get for Christmas?

Well, mine was indirectly Guitar related, it says it all for me!

13 Likes

Hi Darrell,
I actually got something similar,…but… A ukulele :smile:, not because I can play it well (or that it will ever sounds good), but because I like it :joy:
Greetings,…

3 Likes

I got a shiny new radio controlled plane. Flew them a lot until we got into music and camping and there just wasn’t room to take them along camping, so I’ve been flying drones in the meantime. We get home from our 2 years+ on the road next month and looking forward to flying fixed wing aircraft again.

2 Likes

Okay ,… it is apparently on topic if you incorporate the word music or a musical instrument :joy: … But Tony , does your new plane also have a camera with which you can make such beautiful (but even faster) video`s like you do with drones?

Ps:Of course now that I look at the headline it clearly says that doesn’t matter what you get :blush:, it was because of Darrell’s line :see_no_evil:

Greetings,…

1 Like

Well, I got guitar strings and a Snark tuner that clips on the headstock. And my dad dug out the whammy bar that was missing when he gave me one of his guitars a couple of months ago. Awesome!

Also got a few sweatshirts, a few books, a couple of video games, some other clothes, bunch of gift cards, most interestingly, a Grubhub gift card. I’ve never tried Grubhub before. I’m not sure I like it based on how much more it costs for the service. I think I’d rather save the money and go get food myself. But my brother uses Grubhub almost every day, twice a day.

@roger_holland It doesn’t have an FPV (First Person View) camera at the moment. It’s relatively easy to fit one and that is in my plans. The FPV drone I have is probably a fair bit faster than the new plane. We’ll see.

To get my response back on topic I had a development very close to Xmas that I’ll loosely claim as something I got for Xmas. A booking for a gig! Happy now?

It’s to play happy hour at a retirement village close to where I live and while I’m quite excited about it, it’s also caused it’s share of anxiety. I’ve got to play for an hour to and hour and a quarter or thereabouts. I’ve put together my set list and the first hour I’ve rehearsed many times with no great concerns. The gig is in early Feb so plenty of time to really lock in the tunes. The last half hour of tunes though is very rough in spots so that’s my focus at the moment.

I also have to work out amp placement and start rehearsing with my amp. That will happen in a couple of weeks as our travels bring us back home although we’ll still be living in the RV caravan till probably around April or longer.

Going through this process sure makes me appreciate the many artists I’ve seen perform over the years with how polished their material is. Working on tidying up my material is certainly no easy task and yet I’m thoroughly enjoying it. More details will be added to my learning log after the gig. The booking is for 3 gigs, no idea of when the 2nd and 3rd will happen.

1 Like

Hi @tony ,…Had I not really thought through that “ordinary” camera drones can fly very fast,…and nice that a camera can / goes under the plane :sunglasses:

:joy: :rofl:

And very cool more than an hour :flushed: :sweat_smile: :sunglasses:, I can imagine your anxiety/ healthy pressure, … but super cool :sunglasses: and also have fun with the preparation, … I look forward to your report / photos / video :smiley:

Greetings, and enjoy the Christmas after party ,…that`s a gift :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, you are cool! We are having a great Christmas after party in Sydney with family and friends. Our happy place.

1 Like

My Christmas guitar related present is the new Strumming Foundations Course subscription… I really need it! :blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

I actually got a guitar from my significant other. She completely blindsided me and bought me a lovely Furch Vintage 2 00M SR.
Very happy.
She got me socks too!!
:laughing:

3 Likes

Even though i`ve only been playing (electric) for 6 weeks my wife bought me an “East Coast” acoustic which is great. Better not give up now. :grinning:
PS Justin did a video about them

2 Likes

For Christmas I got more time, more time to practice :blush:

1 Like

My music related Christmas gift was the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface. The start of a new project for recording myself. The “How to record guitar at home on a budget” lesson got me fired up to start recording both for the fun and learning benefits. Just need to add headphones, a microphone and stand and I’ll be all set!

1 Like

Locking tuners!

1 Like

My sweet partner, bought me a hard, case that fits both of my electric guitars! It’s not that I ever take them anywhere, but hey, maybe I will in the near future! :smiley:

2 Likes

I work a couple of jobs, though my main job is as a paramedic. One of my side jobs is helping out as a bicycle mechanic at a local bike shop. The owner doesn’t have the money to hire any full time help, so, he has myself as a part time mechanic to help him with tough cases, and his daughter as a part time sales/inventory person, working the sales floor.

Anyway, I was shocked when, as a token of their gratitude for me helping out at the shop, they got me a gift card that paid for about 80% of my new Yamaha FG800 acoustic for Christmas. :blush:

6 Likes