What five campfire songs should you have in your locker

@socio

James, I canā€™t rightfully claim that I knew the answer.

That said, when figuring it was likely not going to be obvious, such as AC/DC or Bee Gees, plus being a goodie for the campfire, The Seekers did cross my mind. But only briefly as Iā€™d have not imagined them having a #1 song, even on the pop charts.

That said, I loved The Seekers, from age 9, as my parents had three of their albums. First enjoyed their rendition of Blowing in the Wind. Always like to read album covers so took notice that it was written by one B Dylan ā€¦ whoever that was.

@MAT1953

An entirely different band, Michael. I liked them as well as my parents had one of their albums. I remember ā€˜Look what theyā€™ve done to my songā€™ which may have been an original or cover. Heck maybe not even them given it is near 45 years ago.

2 Likes

Just dawned me with the Aussie bands, no one mentioned Airbourne. Perfect campfire music. :rofl:

I have been thinking about campfire songs lately. I watched a video that Justin did where he listed 3 types of songs to learn. One category was easy songs you memorize in case you are at a campfire. I have learned several songs but havenā€™t memorized them yet. I am thinking about choosing a few songs I l have learned and memorizing them. In this thread, people mentioned some songs I know: Take it Easy , Folsom Prison Blues, Country Roads , Mad World and Knockin on Heavens Door.

1 Like

Daphne @Daphne20

Interesting choice, Country Roads I think most people would know as well as Take it Easy. Folsom Prisson perhaps less so unless they are into Johnny Cash, Mad world fairly well know, as is Knocking on Heavens Door.
Like all things it depends who you are playing them to.
Michael :guitar::notes:

All this talk of Australian bands and no-one has yet mentioned The Church!

4 Likes

@Richard_close2u
I am suprised you are still on speaking terms with Justin after he excluded The Church from his Aussie Classics Songbook:

2 Likes

Apologies for dredging up an old thread but was looking in YouTube the other day for something completely different and this appeared on the screen.

My curiosity got the better of me, so I had a look. It was a list put together by Mark Ramalli, I know no more than his name.

So here is his list

Brown Eyed Girl

Margaritaville

Take me home country roads

Joker

Good Riddance (Time of your life)

Speaking for myself I have the first three and just two weeks ago added the last one Good Riddance to my ā€œto learnā€ list.

Looking at the summary of suggestions back then the first three all got more than one vote apart from Joker and Good Riddance which nobody suggested.

Michael

1 Like

Michael @MAT1953, a great thing about this list is that it covers multiple genres! Though I guess thatā€™s a must for a Campfire listā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

I think i would have
1 Eleanor Rigby
2 Metal Guru T.Rex
3 Stand by me
4 Peggy Sue Buddy Holly
5 Its so easy Buddy Holly
and may be ride a white swan T.Rex
I am currently learning 4&5 at the moment on both electric and acoustic.

1 Like