What five campfire songs should you have in your locker

Michael,

Here is the answer you seek :wink:

2 Likes

@Socio
Wow James, that brings back memories!
I bet if you play that round a campfire, people will start singing!

2 Likes

James @Socio
I should have thought of them as I did ā€œmorning town rideā€ with my singing teacher.
I actually think of them as The New Seekers a British group according to Wikipedia

Looking back I was more interested in the music than the band members themselves who they were and where they came from. Of course I knew a few with all the members Beatles, Stones, eurythmics, Fleetwood Mac monkees
But not many beyond this. I really like the Eagles but could not name any of the originals members.
Michael

1 Like

It all depends on your era and taste Michael. Iā€™ve seen the seen the Eagles live three times. Could name them all of course. On the other hand, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, couldnā€™t name one of their songs or one of the band. :joy:

1 Like

What about the Red Hot Chilli Pipers?

1 Like

James @Socio
You wouldnā€™t want to get confused and end up at the wrong concert.
Michael

Working title for Long Way To The Top I believe ? Werenā€™t ACDC Scottish anyway ? :rofl:

1 Like

Formed in Australia by two Scottish-born brothers.

Yes I know Mark. That was irony, following the ā€œBritishā€ seekers born in Oz. The rofl was the clue.

2 Likes

Just in case any of our international friends have no idea who the red hot chilli pipers are Red Hot Chilli Pipers - Smoke on the water/Thunderstruck/The Fourth Floor - YouTube

Californication, my personal favorite

1 Like

Oh no. Bagpipes ā€¦ :nauseated_face:

Here is a little Thunderstruck antidote for everybody who accidentally happened to click your link :smiley:

1 Like

And letā€™s not forget Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Stefan Dennis, Craig Mclachlan and Natalie Ibruglia. :smiley:

1 Like

Stefan @SgtColon
Last three ???

They are all from neighbours Michael but Iā€™ll queue up some videos for you. Some of it is not pretty. :smiley:

Stefan Dennis

Craig Mclachlan

and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll know this one

Natalia Imbruglia

1 Like

Torn is a great song for folks mid way through the Beginner grades and once you have the F chord down but doesnā€™t have to be the barre, FM7 works or the ā€œminiā€ F. Great strumming pattern as well. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You forgot Peter Andre :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Iā€™ve had a look at Torn, Toby and it sure is a hard workout for the barre chord scenario. Itā€™s going to be a slow builder for me. I have the strum down though. :smiley:

@Socio Of course :smiley: but then I always thought he was from New Zealand?

1 Like

A bit of a tongue in cheek comment started something, didnā€™t it!
Michael :grinning:

1 Like

Stefan @SgtColon
Right I have listened to them all nice songs.
Definitely not heard the first one and Torn of course I know that one.
The second one Mona is more interesting it is a cover, I think, was it the Stones or Bo Diddly
Michael

1 Like