What guitar strap?

I want to stand more when I practice but I find that the head stock wants to ‘fall’ so I’m forever having to re-adjust the guitar into place. My strap is a cheapy thin little one and I’m thinking a wider, grippier one would probably help with this.
Anyone got any suggestion for good strap to help with this sort of issue?

Colin,

I got one of these from my electric Strap and something similar for my acoustic and because my acoustic doesn’t have a strap pin on it, I got one of these as well Strap adapter

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Colin

What is the guitar ? I pretty much use Minotaur on all my electrics and they are mainly wider bass type straps. I have Strats, SG, LPs and HBs and acoustics and everything sits still when I play standing up.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/minotaur_leather_straps.html

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Colin,
Soft strap
I have quite a few different ones here, but this one replaces them all.
Greetings Rogier

1 Like

I use this strap in combo with the following straplocks:

It feels good and is comfortable :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
Ibanez Artcore hollow body Toby.

Not overly heavy but I think the strap is just crap.
Few options suggested by the crew hear. Probably need to get to the store and try a few but at least I know there are straps that hold guitars in place better than my current.

@SgtColon @roger_holland @demon326 . Thanks guys for the info. I’ll check some of these suggestions out.

My 2 Washburn HBs and my Gretsch Streamline all wear the Minotaur straps, with the washer style strap locks. No issues with any of them. Glad to have helped.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Another thought, wearing a cotton T shirt helps as well. If I’m wearing a dry-fit work polo my guitars slide around no matter what the strap.

2 Likes

I like this with a build in strap lock. I’ve had it a few months and using it on my epiphone les paul.

2 Likes

Thanks Phillip.
Built in strap locks looks pretty cool :sunglasses:

Good tip JK although I usually play guitar naked. I’ll send you a photo :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope with a long strap…

1 Like

Sadly wouldn’t have to be that long Rob :crazy_face:. It is winter here after all.

1 Like

and just the hat :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: Like Joe Cocker once said………

1 Like