What is this piece of kit?

Winter’s coming…

1 Like

And GAS will be cooking, as in natural gas I mean :smiley:

GT100 is very old now AND consequently has old modelling…which was good in the day but has been surpassed by the processing power now available (which allows for better modelling). I think - if I remember rightly - the Boss GT1 which I used to have (and a more modern unit) utilises the same modelling as the Boss GT100. Boss keep selling these old units but they really are sweating very old tech.

Have wood. Have axe. :+1:

Appreciate the advice, Ideally given tech advances I should go for something current, as you say. So need to have a good look around. Foot control wise most of the new stuff is similar to the “buttons” on the Mustang’s foot switches and they work fine. Need to think function over form I guess and they tend to be more compact. So more window shopping for the moment.
:sunglasses:

Unlike back in Blighty our only gas is in bottles for cooking or my weed killing flame thrower!
Heating is 2 wood stoves and CH is oil as we are in the sticks. So the stoves will become the primary source. That’s why I planted my 300 trees 5 years back for some future proofing.
In the meantime they’re sucking in the Co2, so all is cool. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth I sort of have the same issue…singing AND trying to hit one of those footswitches is not easy…however most mfx allow the addition of an external footswitch…I added in a couple of bespeco VM20 (cheap as chips) which are similar to those on the old GT100…I rarely need to turn on/off more than one or two effects (and on my PodGo you can combine fx to a single button switch if you want) so they work great … stops me hitting the preset change button part way through a song.

1 Like

Most Boss pedals are built to survive the apocalypse.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

A common thread in the Boss reviews is the solid construction and durability. No so much when it comes to Line 6 form what I have been reading. But the solution Jason offers above would work. Jury yet to be convened let alone out ! Early days. :sunglasses:

Is that the same looper she’s using?

1 Like

James would seem to be but very difficult to look at the bottom of the screen. Nice to hear some Steve Wonder plagiarism anyway. Oh then the words change. Got bored. :rofl:

1 Like

In fact listening again, I see it is an advert for a UK pie company. I swear she is sing Gingsters.
They make great Cornish pasties or did 12 years ago. :+1:

1 Like

She didn’t seem to have a problem hitting those foot switches. She’s got quite a few live looper covers and I had to laugh at the description when she puts “I don’t own the copyrights for this song, please don’t sue me”.

1 Like

Looking at the spec they’re no exactly small. As to copyright, there were words somewhere ? :rofl:

1 Like

That was a great cover and Michael Flatley feet to go with it.

It is amazing what we can teach our brains to do.

@SgtColon You should check out her other covers. It amazes me seeing someone playing multiple instruments whilst looping while I struggle to do a strum-a-dum-dum on one instrument. Its also interesting when they take songs you wouldn’t expect.

1 Like