What is this piece of kit?

As above really I just wonder what that is and how much it cost plus if I could get away with just using a looper and fx loop on Katana 100 :grinning:

Itā€™s call a ā€œbootā€.

Sorry Adi but I couldnā€™t resist. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Looks similar to the Boss GT 100 but the control knobs look a little different position wise.

See what else I can find, now me gas is bubbling!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I Knew I should have trimmed it out! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes looks quite similar Toby you might be bang on. There is also a little pedal attached at the end green one to it, I wonder what this could be as well :thinking: does GT100 have internal looper?

If you want to use a looper on the Katana 50, then thereā€™s a bunch of multifx units which have built-in loopers as well. Plug one of those in front of any amp (including the Katana 50) and you can use the onboard effects on the multifx unit instead of those on the Katana.

Units like this range from around about Ā£80 upwards depending on how much loop time and type/quality of effects you want.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Yes, 60 seconds I believe. As does the GT-1 although that is less time (32s I think), and many others.

Cheers,

Keith

Adi thatā€™s the expression pedal being used as a ā€œtableā€ !!

2 Likes

Also has an FX loop send/return functions as well. Been looking into on of these as my old Zoom is passed it sell by date. I get frustrated with the limitation of the Mustang III only allowing one of each pedal type ie one Stomp which covers Overdrive, distortion, phaser, wah etc and you canā€™t have combinations. So looking for alternative but not a pedal board per se.

Looks like its 38 seconds mono, 19 stereo. :smile:

1 Like

1 Like

If you have a Katana 100, you should have an Fx loop and could add the looper and use the effects on the katana saving $$ for your next guitar.

Good call Matt.

I thought it didnā€™t quite fit the GT profile, thatā€™s it for sure !
:+1:

If youā€™re happy using the Katana 100 then a looper into the FX loop is a good option. If you want more flexibility using the Katana then look at the footpedal which will get you closer to a normal pedalboard.

Iā€™m 100% multifx really and 99.9% of time plug straight into a mixer/PA system. My Katana 100 I just use as a Power Amp (with the amp modelling coming from the Multifx) PLUS itā€™s a great back up should I experience issues on the multifx (not that I do).

1 Like

Wow you have a good eye thank you!

That helps actually a lot as I feared its a multi fx unit. Song I am learning only requires one simple loop with distorted lead over, so RC300 for that purpose would be an overkill. My plan is to probably either upgrade katana to 100 or just actually buy a multi fx like gt100 and use my monitors and AI to it. Need to see what is better value for money and just make a call :grinning: thanks guys for your help!

1 Like

Adi you may find this useful then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXR4Rk-Cb7s Definitely a route I may take watching this demo.

But I know I could achieve some of what I want to do with duplicate FX patches on the Mustang III (which does have an FX loop and stereo line outs). One patch with OD, the next with Fuzz, next with Wah but everything else the same. Then kick up and down the patches when I need to change. But still a bit limiting, so doing a little more research with the GT and similar models.

If I was looking at a Boss MFX at this point Iā€™d look at the GX100 which is the replacement for GT100 utilising the fx modelling in the GT1000. Its the latest generation and similar to what Line 6 did with the PodGo being a cut down Helix.

2 Likes

Thanks Jason that makes sense, it will be a tough choice to make!

Yeah been looking at those as well. But might need something more robust with my club feet !
I do like the old skool look as well, so aesthetics come into it a little. As a newly certified OAP and a 2 month pension backpay I feel like a treat but not rushing into things to quickly !