What xmas skills are you working on?

After @jkahn 's comment on wanting a box of skills… What are you working on over xmas?

I’ve been slack on the lessons, coming up to 2 years after restarting learning I’ve done most of the beginner lessons but am just starting at the intermediates ( to some extent I am ahead as ok with barre chords, bends, vibrato etc).

I’ve also been jamming on my own using the android all Loopz for drums, the fender gtx-100 with its in built looper.

I’ve made a set list of modes including a ‘bass’ ( bassman amp + pitch shift pedal -1 oct, this works ok!) and have been doing little drum/bass/chord/lead loops, I find this super challenging rn.

2 Likes

No new skills specifically for the Christmas period Rob.

What I tend to do this time of year is up date my recording portfolio in my Learning Log / Roadcase and reflect on what I have been working on throughout the year. Look at what I am happy with, what needs more work. Then plan where I am going in the next 12 months. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi Rob,
Getting the melody lines fluent in We wish you a merry Christmas and Silent Night … seriously no joke. I have to learn to leave the fingers on the strings as much of the chord as possible and that is really the thing I found out yesterday …big very big eyes opener here :flushed: that it is the problem for me, that is the reason is that chord-melody arrangements do not run entirely (or totally not) smoothly. (with me)…

I have no idea if I can solve this quickly, but it gives me a good feeling that I have discovered this myself and that I expect to solve this at least before Christmas next year :smiley:

And I will work on this one from next week I hope… and the associated skills.

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS

Greetings,

4 Likes

I’ve decided to go down the blues route for a good while. I wasn’t bothered at first but suddenly I want to really get it under my fingers.

I’m looking forward to seeing that performance when you have it down @roger_holland :+1:

4 Likes

Do That in Christmas style :smiley: :sunglasses:
ELVIS PRESLEY MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY

Don’t be shocked by that Grade 6 qualification, it can be used all year round :smile:

Greetings

3 Likes

Thank You Very Much GIF - Elvispresley Kingofpop - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

… on not making a fool out of myself (again :roll_eyes:) at Justin’s upcoming Christmas OM :laughing:

5 Likes

Got to get back playing the guitar.

2 Likes

Adding some extra Gsus-chords to my practice routine :angel:

4 Likes

Ha ha @Gunhild :grin:… everyone should practice the holiest of all chords these times :blush:… but that joke (from Justin at the time) when I wasn’t yet thinking about chords in English didn’t fall (sink in) at all in this Dutchy`s head :upside_down_face: :joy:
Greetings

PS : there are also T-shirts for sale here at Justinguitar with that :blush:

Greetings

2 Likes

That’s funny @roger_holland

Same thing happened to me. Saw the shirts in the merch store and didn’t get the joke at first. Silly me :joy:

Only when I heard Justin mention this chord in a tutorial I finally got it :smiling_face:
Really a chord to remember … now I always have to grin when I spot it in a song :grin:

Perfect! JG doesn’t just teach me how to play guitar but also improves my rusty and poor English :blush: :+1:

Greetings :lady_beetle:

2 Likes

Something we should all be doing…

1 Like

Seeing as you tagged me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: mainly repertoire! More songs, all the way through. And a couple of simple (ish) solos.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about learning a Christmas song this year but haven’t decided on one yet. Maybe something with melody lines or fingerstyle?

I’ve been slack on the lessons too! I’m up to grade 3. I’ve made a commitment to myself to go back to working through them in a structured way and also on theory. I’ve been practising but with no real direction apart from the songs I’ve been working on :face_with_peeking_eye:

Love this! :joy: Got myself one of those t-shirts :laughing: :sunflower:

3 Likes

I’ll have to check them out!

Oh and. I’m building a guitar over Xmas also so will be working on my setting up skill’s just gathering tools at the moment

1 Like

That’s so cool! It’d keep you busy! I’d love to see the progress of this if you’ll be posting updates :smiley:

Yep have a thread already I’ll post updates!

1 Like