When I Come Around Cover

I thought that sounded great JK, nice take on that song. I also liked the tone, and it’s certainly better than any I ever find. Makes me think about sticking to acoustic guitar but then this one just looks like a fun one to play, so I won’t give up on electric just yet :slightly_smiling_face:

excellent JK, I thought the mixing of your guitar with the track was particularly done well. I’m currently mucking about with my interface and backing tracks, so I know how tricky it is to get right at first. Well done!

JK

Bit late on this one but what a great way to start my day. Great energy and production with the BT, not read the other comments but I’d suggest bringing the vox up a bit but that could be my speakers, I’ll try again later with headphones. Getting the balance for all media is the hardest part of mixing but this was a good job. You also seemed relaxed both singing and playing :+1: Looking forward to more of these and must find time to listen.

On the tone front, I headed straight off to the folder I have with all the presets that used to be available for Fender Fuse there is over 9k (I have a Mustang III) and I found 2 SoCal Punks in there. So going to mess with them coz it sounded great !!
:sunglasses:

Glad you liked it Pete. Modelling amps are loads of fun, plenty of good ones around at all sorts of prices. I’m quite happy with the GTX, a lot of people have Boss Katanas or Yamaha THRs as well.

Thanks Mari. I’d like to say I’m a tonemaster but I’m not, I usually just use a preset, tweak it a little and fiddle with the tone knobs and pickup selectors. :sunglasses:

Recording with an interface is so much fun. Sounds like soon we’ll hear something of you playing with a backing track!

Thanks for checking it out Toby! Yep my vox was too quiet, it’s not your speakers. That’s a learn for me :smile:.

I’m not sure on the differences between the Mustang III & GTX, this preset was built in. I haven’t even explored Fender Fuse yet (beyond looking at it once), there’s just SOOO much stuff there. Here’s a screenshot of the settings on this one, the 90s American is Mesa Dual Rectifier, and there’s also small room reverb on there which isn’t in the photo. So hopefully that helps you identify the right SoCal Punk.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the set up JK, I will interested to compare sound later today but they seem to have similar base components. My 2 turned out to be one plus a dup !! No reverb on this but easily added and tweak. EQs a little different as well.

I assume the GTX uses the Fender Tone software, which as I understand is not compatible with the file “types” used by Fuse, shame but a great way for them to sell new amp models !

:sunglasses:

Yes you’re right Toby, the GTX uses Tone. I didn’t realise they were different. Annoyingly Tone is phone app or amp settings only, no PC app. That preset looks a bit different but hopefully you get a good sound!

Dude!!! Sounds like a superstar​:fire::fire::fire:
Great tone and guitar playin!
Cool vocal, i am very impressed how much you have developed :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Thanks Trond!

I’ve got some stuff cooking :wink: hope it’ll sound as good as this cover!

1 Like