Where does your username come from?

@DavidP you see thatā€™s what happens when environmental professionals make up user names. :joy:

1 Like

The Uninvited Guest, Originates from the song by Marillion

1 Like

Just come across this post. It got me thinking, where did my username come from then realised it is my name :smiley:. Never really got into this incognito user name concept , I try to keep my life simple after a pretty full on work life or maybe I am just worried I will forget who I am if i use an alias , that is probably most likley

2 Likes

Simples

That was me on the old forum, plain old tobyjenner. Nothing to add nothing to hide. Well until the Mustang Preset Incident and ensuing insanity.

Nowt wrong just using your given name Eric but questions may have been raised, if your parents had named you John !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Are you trying to confuse me again?

1 Like

You do know that we like to watch alter egos around here, right @brianlarsen ? :grin: perhaps another act could introduce Mandy to the wider audience? :grin:

2 Likes

:rofl: Might have to hunt out some new wigs! ā€¦and maybe a dressā€¦ :dancer: :thinking: :joy:

3 Likes

Oh, itā€™s all starting to come out now. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Some fun stories & banter aboveā€¦ I bet thereā€™s a whole lot of peeps out there who havenā€™t contributed yet though!!!

Letā€™s reinvigorate this threadā€¦ cā€™mon folksā€¦

WHERE DOES YOUR USERNAME COME FROM???

Or, alternativelyā€¦.

What would you change your username to if you changed it?

Once again, Iā€™ll go first!

I would probably change it to ā€œAcoustic Alā€ because I canā€™t seem to get a decent sound out of any electric guitar :guitar: & Al is short for my middle name!!!

Oh, we can revive the guessing game tooā€¦ my middle name is a bit unusualā€¦ can anyone guess it?

Tod

1 Like

Mine should be obvious really. My first electric guitar was a tele and Iā€™m a fan of that guitar form. I used to learn classical music so I thought a pun on Georg Philipp Telemann would be fun. And I am from Australia.

2 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:!!!
But why do they call the Land Down Under ā€œOzā€?
Always wondered about that!

Tod

Alā€¦ Tod, it can only be Alfons, right? :upside_down_face:

In my case the choice of an alternative username is easy. I have experienced so much luck lately, when things turned out to be okay. So it would have to be: Onni

ā€œOnniā€ is Finnish and means luck.

4 Likes

Alfons???

Nope. Try again!!! :see_no_evil:

Tod

PS I like Onni!!!

Alberto?

1 Like

I guess it comes from ā€œAussieā€ which is a shorthand term (Australians abbreviate everything because we are essentially very lazy). And if you canā€™t be bothered saying Aussie then you shorten it further to Oz.

Sorry, this long explanation has exhausted me. I have to go and get a beer now.

5 Likes

Alberto???
Tooā€¦ Mediterranean!!!

Give it one more try Onni!!!

Tod

READING your explanation has exhausted meā€¦ Iā€™ll join you!!! :beers:

Tod

1 Like

I would join you too, but itā€™s 9 am and therefore too early for a beer.
Namewise I vote for Angus Ian :rofl:!

2 Likes

Okayā€¦ Okayā€¦ Hmmmā€¦ Alain? :melting_face:

1 Like

Waitā€¦ If thatā€™s not an ā€œLā€ but an ā€œIā€ thenā€¦ it surely must be Aidan? :nerd_face:

1 Like