Where does your username come from?

Did you runaway and spend 10 weeks with the circus?

1 Like

10 years :rofl:
:clown_face: :circus_tent: :elephant:

4 Likes

I am going for Torbjørn :smiley:

2 Likes

Were you in a Shakespeare play… To-by or not To-by… that is the question?

3 Likes

I invite you to play spot the Madman :rofl:

Now that stretching it.

2 Likes

If I had a pound , , , ,

Would there be a Torbjørn Tonttu / Elf Bear Gnome. That got some interesting image on my AI art site.

Think the first one looks familiar.

I’ll save that moniker for the future. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yer well……my initial reasoning is based on the fact that it must have something to do with something or other…!

No more guesses from me - I’ll let you toy(by) with someone else (Toby, Thomas, Tobias, Tom Thumb)! :wink:

3 Likes

It’s an old name used in Denmark, Norway and Sweden… :smiley: Chances are that there is indeed a gnome called like that :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So, my final guess…

You were a scout.
It was your turn to be Hike Leader.
You got your troop lost so they started to call you Toby.
But then, you got everybody back to civilization unharmed & saved the day!!!

Cigar?

Tod

1 Like

Thomas The Tank Engine !!!

And one of his friends was called
Toby The Tram Engine

And the fat controller
Sir Topham Hatt

Was your name Topham_MadAsaHatter

(that wasn’t a guess, just thinking out loud)!

2 Likes

My parents retired to Embsay the home of TTT. Know it well. :+1:

Nice one! I started school at West Marton.

1 Like

OK enough everybody. Time to spill the beans.

When I joined the Scouts aged 11, I was a little short for my width. Not a lot but I carried what I now know is referred to as puppy fat. So when I was assigned to my Scout Patrol group, the “leader” not much older than me said, “you are a little tubby, we’ll have to call you Toby” and that was it. Label attached and still intact 56 years later.

Real name not to be revealed and is not attachable link to my nickname. Many have tried and more have failed to find the connection. Absolutely hated it. Used for officialdom only.

Nothing to see, please move on.

:sunglasses:

11 Likes

Same here, one of my best friends is from Canadia

2 Likes

Hi Tod,

My username is really simple. I live in San Diego and I’m a big fan of Paul Stanley and Kiss.

Jeff

4 Likes

My first name is Trond. and it sounds very close to Ron in english. so therefore tRONd

5 Likes

My nickname Narjuna comes from the Indian warrior/marksman Arjuna who is trying to learn and understand the lessons of his teacher Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita. I couldn’t use the name Arjuna, as that would be too pretentious, so putting ‘N’ in front of it solved my problem… . I like the sound of it, and I consider myself an (eternal) apprentice, trying to control the guitar being one of many things I wish to improve upon.

7 Likes

Nice story Chris! I’ve never heard of Arjuna before… interesting! Thanks for sharing & I like the archer… are you into archery :bow_and_arrow: as well as guitar?

Tod

Oldhippy, a very mispent youth, bad hair, bad clothes ( I cringe at old pics of me),
and a utter conviction we (Hippys) could change the World.
The closest we got to the City of Love (San Francisco, for you yufths :sweat_smile:) was a very cold commune halfway up a Welsh mountain.
Still, gave me a love for music thats lasted my liife time, hence the very late start in life trying to make music myself.
I don’t think Clapton, Beck, Hendrick etc have anything to worry about, but I’m enjoying every moment of it.
and as we used to say.
Peace out. :rofl: :rofl:

Mike

5 Likes