Where in the World?

Oh it just means Oktoberfest is awesome. I lived in Germany for many years and know some Dutch as well. I had no idea Dutch translation was different. Thanks

The word geil (horny) in German (and Swiss) is used the same way as ‘cool’ in English. I presume it means the same in dutch, but might not be as polite there :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like

@SDKissFan West Coast it is! :sunglasses:

Thanks. It looks like if I make it back to Europe and travel to England, there are plenty of stops to make. Lots of musicians there:) My fav in UK is still Brian May. He will be here for the Foo Fighters show and I can’t get tickets-smh

Yes, I just looked it up … those are two very different meanings, :smiling_face: …in Holland it only has one meaning (in the past at least as a spoken language when we imitated German)…of course I only learned the dirty ones in the past when learning German :innocent:.But it’s not completely neat. luckily i still remember that correct :sweat_smile:… weird guys those Germans … uh Romans…I love most of Germany anyway :grin:

2 Likes

Haha, I’m one of those weird Germans :rofl:. Just wanted to tell you, that we use our language in a more differentiated way than others :sunglasses:

1 Like

Aka ‘Bavarian’ :rofl:

Hi Andrea,
:joy:
Yes, you can explain it that way too… :roll_eyes::joy:

YES! :mountain_snow:

First of the USA west coasters to be pinned, Jeff

Bouctouche, New Brunswick, Canada in the summer (home)
Palm Springs, California, USA in the winter

1 Like

@OpsRes
Well, Glen that makes you the second west coaster and the first two have seasonal homes.

That is a long commute to the winter home. Hopefully you fly. Palm Springs is not too far from me-fun place.

@OpsRes Cheers Glen :smiley:

@DavidP
At home we are right on the coast, actually the ocean is our back yard. Out west we are 2 hrs from the coast but PSP does have the west coast vibe.

@SDKissFan
Now that we’re retired we drive. Driven Route 66 a couple of times and for all 5,500 km, the song keeps cycling through my head.
I really like the Brian Setzer version (and he’s a great guitar player)
(9) The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Route 66 - YouTube

@brianlarsen
Cool, you found our little town.

Cheers,
Glen

1 Like

@SDKissFan @roger_holland @brianlarsen @Helen0609

I guess, “geil” can have a lot of different meanings in German :wink:

And by the way: not all Germans (or all Bavarians, for that matter) are Oktoberfest fans :wink:

2 Likes

I’m surprised one word sparked such a conversation. Lol I don’t get too many chances to speak German anymore living in Southern California. Tourists manchmal. So sagt mann, es ist wie es ist’:grinning:

Melbourne, VIC, Australia for me.

1 Like

Gloucester UK

1 Like

@Rossco01 @RodC You’ve been pinned, thanks