Where in the World?

I love travel.
I love maps.
I love meeting folk from other countries and cultures, in person and virtually.

Apart from teaching me guitar for free and providing countless hours of entertainment, I love the way our common interest in guitar can bind such diverse individuals from around the globe into a positive virtual community.
Many (most?) of us share where we come from in our bio/introduction, and I have often wondered whereabouts those places are and what kind of distribution we have geographically.
I found an add-free, not-for-profit, open-source interactive world map, which requires no registration and neither saves nor tracks data.
I have put down a marker for myself and taken the liberty of adding @TheMadman_tobyjenner and @roger_holland (as they seem to have thick skins and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™d be able to rebuild bridges if things go pear-shapedā€¦)
It may just fizzle out into nothing, but I think it would be kinda cool to look at a world map with Justinā€™s disciples peppered across the globe.
If youā€™d like to be included in the map, simply click the reply button at the bottom of this thread.
Please do NOT include any identifiable information.
I will use your Justinguitar handle as your name.
If you could include the nearest town/city thatā€™d be great, but if youā€™d prefer not to, I guess a country/state would do.
You can add a short line description if you wish.
Who knows, there might even be positive spin offs in the ā€˜real worldā€™ if someone suddenly realises they have a potential jam buddy in the vicinity, or a friend to meet if they happen to be visiting that area.
Oh well, here goesā€¦

The Map

5 Likes

:joy: :ok_hand:

Nijkerk hĆØ,ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a cool idea. I live in Budapest, Hungary.

2 Likes

Hi Brian,
Stick me down for Singapore for the time being.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Hehe :rofl:

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Third Planet from the Sun

3 Likes

Middletown, Delaware, USA

2 Likes

Now when ever I see an ampersand and my moniker my interest is piqued. When I see the author abides on a narrow peninsula 'twix sheep and scousers I get nervous. :scream:
Mr L feel free to add that my abode is on the route D30 on of the best biking roads here abouts between Pontorson and St Hillaire Du Harcoet !!

But my alter ego needs a password to edit the map it would appear. Are you blocking me on porpoise sire !

:dolphin: (close but no :cuba: and thats as close as I could get to a cigar via Havana) MODS MORE EMOJIS NEEDE MAINTENENT TOUTE SUITE. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

We need a Nomad category especially for you Keef !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Being picky, an ampersand is &. I think you mean an at sign.

:smiley:

My visits are usually more short term; a few months or so for a business trip. But it looks like Iā€™m going to be based in SG for a bit longer this time. Long enough that I now have a local bank account, ID card, and tax number.

Cheers,

Keith

Lovely idea, Brian.

Little disappointed you didnā€™t take the liberty of sticking a pin in for me, obviously not displaying sufficiently thick skin.

So pin me in, Johannesburg, South Africa ā€¦ but you knew that.

Now I am wondering about a screen shot of this on the website, in the newsletter, I reckon it will look ever so cool.

Or am I getting carried away

Maybe thatā€™s why you didnā€™t pin me, you were worried about me getting carried away and thought I might not notice.

2 Likes

I meant to say ā€œarobaseā€ but its been a long day ! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Haha, I do have a little David-doll, but itā€™s already full of pins :rofl:
My motto: No messinā€™ wiā€™ da mods!

No, seriously- I think it would be cool, but is likely to run out of steam as it slides down the thread mountain. (Now if one of the team just trawled through the list of registered users adding all those who have shared where theyā€™re from, that would be sumpnā€™ :wink:)

Iā€™ll pin you now and shall take the liberty of adding your co-modites, @Richard_close2u & @LievenDV lest they too are ā€˜thin-skinnedā€™.
Hehe, might as well throw in the guru @JustinGuitar too :laughing:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice idea! :wink:

I live in FĆ¼rth, Germany (itā€™s FĆ¼rth in Bayern/Bavaria; apparently thereā€™s another FĆ¼rth in Hessen/Hesse that Iā€™ve never heard of :joy:)

2 Likes

Pin it to the top of just chatting

I elect Brian as a team member in charge of Finding out where everyone lives.
Hereā€™s my contribution a List of all 76201 registered users. Have fun Brian.

https://community.justinguitar.com/u?order=likes_received

4 Likes

The USA seems under represented so far.

Denver, Colorado, USA

2 Likes

I live in Brum UK!

2 Likes

Putte, Belgium reporting in! :smiley:

2 Likes

Christchurch, New Zealand checking in

2 Likes

Wonderful idea Brian, will be fun to see who is where on the map - convenient for lazy ones as I am :rofl:

Put me down as Didcot in Oxfordshire

2 Likes