Which pedal delay is better?

I ve searched a lot ā€œbest delay pedalsā€ articles on the net but I think that made my life more difficult! :sweat_smile: Everyone says his preferred product but I need the most accurate answer, which delay pedal is the best to buy? Can you help me?

Hi Koutsos,
Already looked here?

https://www.justinguitar.com/modules/all-about-guitar-effects

Have fun,ā€¦Greetings,rogier

1 Like

Ah, the old rabbit hole of "what is the best (fill in details here).
Short answer: the one you like best, and suits your needs best.
I have learned that it comes down to this:
Either you visit your local shop and try out some pedals, or you order pedals online and return those that you donā€™t like.
Itā€™s nice to have a go at yt and others, thatā€™s good for background information (like the circuits, manufacturers, albums where they were used, etcā€¦) but in the end, itā€™s down to your ears.
What you like, no video will be able to tell.

2 Likes

I own a few delay pedals because delay is an always on effect for me. At the very least used as slapback it will add some fatness and space to your tone. A delay pedal does not need to be boutique expensive. Iā€™ve done well with high value and even no name brands. My go to is an analog delay because I tend to like the way the repeats decay naturally. Here is what I have and can recommend:

Delay is not a complicated circuit so clones and knock offs will suffice. Iā€™ve even stacked delays for some pretty cool swells and synth like effects:

1 Like

I would say any of these three:
EHX Memory boy, Line 6 DL4 or Strymon Timeline
All of which are heavy on your budget.
If youā€™re looking for a budget friendly one
Donner Yellow fall or Donner Echo square
Both of which for the price are outstanding!

1 Like

Thanks my friends all of you for your precious help! Keep on learning! :smiley:

2 Likes