Whiskey Nights and Music

Well, it doesn’t have to be whiskey but since the hubby and I have been doing the KETO diet on and off and whiskey is no carb… we have been having a few nights all summer with various friends and family after a nice dinner in or out and listening to music on You Tubes while having a whiskey or three. We have discovered so much music we never heard before, the Hu Band, Nightwish, Joe, Bonamassa, Cross Canadian Ragweed, and lots of others.

Tonight, with my brother-in-law from Texas it’s Brad Paisley. Yeah, he’s a county singer who’s been around a while, but DH and I have discovered that we like him, and we are not known to like country music. No one in either of our families would ever say Carl and Becky like country music., but we like this stuff.

So, anyone enjoying music they’ve never heard before? Whether or not whiskey or some other alcoholic libation is involved.? (Really liked Paisley’s song Alcohol!)

5 Likes

I discovered Nightwish a few years back when I bought a box full of Iron Maiden cds of a gumtree add, fantastic band. I found this artist on YouTube a few months ago I find them very entrancing

2 Likes

He’s a terrific guitarist.

1 Like

Hi Rebecca. Can I suggest you try some of the single malt brands that are spelt without the ‘e’. ie. Scotch whisky. You’ll find the music sounds much better. :smiley:

11 Likes

You mean like Glnfiddich, Glnmorangi, or Glnlivt?

:rofl:

Cheers,

Keith

8 Likes

Haha. Very good. :joy:

3 Likes

Dang, I don’t even know if they sell those up here! I certainly haven’t seen them in the grocery store next to the Black Velvet! :joy:

1 Like

Check out Bottle of Wine by Tom Paxton.

1 Like

I’m also on a keto diet (closer to carnivore really) and bourbon is my goto for the same reasons you list.

1 Like

Amusing number, thanks.

I’m not a big country fan, but I listened to Brad Paisley’s song Alcohol and am putting it on my “to learn” list, just so I can help my white friends dance!

1 Like

At last night’s whiskey and music fest (after numerous bratwursts for dinner) with our old neighbor and a BIL we discovered Puddles Pity Party. This is awesome stuff!

1 Like

Hey Rebecca!

Your mention of “Black Velvet” rung a bell that hadn’t been ringing for years!!! So, in a way, this topic brought a song I used to live back into my world!!!

A bit more true to your original question though, my wife and I were having dinner at Benihana with some friends a few years back & after several Mai Tais, we decided to go to a piano bar when the restaurant closed. Linda Cotton (a local Jazz/Blues singer) who had an amazing voice was singing! She sparked an interest in Jazz for me that survives to this day! Before that, I was pretty much exclusively a Rock-n-Roll guy… I think that night opened my eyes to how many other genres are out there to listen to & enjoy!!!

Tod

1 Like