Who do you see busking these days?

Pretty amazing young performer here.

4 Likes

Here’s a couple from Ireland that are good:

Dea Matrona Crossroads

BUSKERS PLAY CROSSROADS (CREAM) - YouTube

Allie Sherlock Unchained melody

HIS REACTION WHEN SHE SINGS | Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers | Allie Sherlock & Cuan Durkin - YouTube

And the UK

Alex Starkey Chasing cars

Alex Starkey - Chasing Cars (Busking in Birmingham, UK) - YouTube

Jack Shepherd busking in London

Jack Shepherd (amazing performance !) - busking in the streets of London, UK - YouTube

All very talented!

2 Likes

Ed Alleyne Johnson, who used to (still does?) play violin with New Model Army can often be found busking in the centre of Chester. He is superbly talented and I’m always surprised how few people stop and listen. Here’s a clip of him fiddling Paranoid with his looper pedals :smiley:

7 Likes

Well you hooked me with that, Brian. Top class musicianship on display.

1 Like

Wow that was something else. What skills and what a lot of equipment for a busker!
I’m always amazed when watching busker videos by how many people walk past completely oblivious to the busker. It must be quite disheartening.

Whoa, so there could be a reason to go back to Blighty. Incredible and the great unwashed walked past obliviously ! Not in the NMA current line up but they are still out there. This from 2016, love it !

1 Like

Ed is a really talented musician. Heard the Black Sabbath being an old rocker.
Had that on an 8 track back in the day.
I would have thrown him a couple lbs.

I gave him a fiver, supposedly for the new album, but really out of gratitude for the pleasure I got out of the Raw Melody Men album he played on, which I had on heavy rotation back in Dublin in the 90s :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice tip. You’re video comes up not available. Maybe a regional thing ?

1 Like
2 Likes

You just have to like Allie, but she doesn’t really float my boat, these girls do!

I find her a little annoying.

Let the stoning commence. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha so do I, that was a sarcastic comment - my thoughts about her couldn’t be said on here :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I think I understand why she has so many subs though, it’s all to do with the rules of gravity………… :joy:

1 Like