Why'd you only call me when you're high - Arctic Monkeys

Hey everyone!
This is my first video on trying to play and sing at the same time. I know my singing isn’t all that good but it was fun to do haha. Hope you’ll like it.

12 Likes

I really enjoyed that Ruben. Nothing at all wrong with the singing. You should be proud of yourself. Singing and playing at the same time is not easy so well done! Keep it up!!!

1 Like

Absolutely. Well done Rueben, keep them coming

1 Like

That was great Ruben you really did the song justice! Got me to tap my foot and sing along which means you did really good :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was excellent, Ruben. The playing was rock solid. I especially noticed who well-behaved your pinky is, staying in close contact not flying around when making chord changes, and the muting with the thumb on the E string when appropriate.

As for your singing, my only complaint is that it is a little soft relative to the guitar. So no need to be making apologies. As for the balance, well that’s tricky to get right when making a video recording with a phone. You could try adjust the position of the phone, perhaps raise it up and sit further back. And then concentrate on singing louder (perhaps being a first time you were holding back a bit?) and playing a little softer.

But that is minor as I heard enough to enjoy the overall. Bravo, look forward to more!

1 Like

Really good. I was into it. I even had to go check out some of their other songs after. Thanks for turning me on to something new. Nailing the playing and singing like that the first time is awesome. Your voice is not bad at all.
:+1:

1 Like

Thanks man! Glad to hear you liked it and you even got into them after this video :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback and tips @DavidP !
I’m quite insecure about my ability to sing so that’s the reason why it isn’t all that loud.
I do hope this will get beter over time though :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thx @tony , @Eddie_09 , @adi_mrok ! Glad you liked it. :smiley:

Terrific song and very well represented Reuben, well done!
Well on the path to playing and singing, absolutely not as easy as you think it should be!
Really clean strumming and chord changes, loved it :+1:

2 Likes

All good here Ruben.

Playing was rock solid and the vocals sounded on point. You have good vox.
I would only repeat what David said and experiment with the vocal level, as it needs to come up a bit. If you are just using a phone to record, try raising that nearer to you mouth. Just experiment with different positions, record, check, wash, rinse, repeat until you hit the sweet spot. Then stay with that set up.

Great job.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Ruben, I think your playing is very very accurate and I liked that a lot. Also your singing, it wasn’t bad at all and it’ll get even better when you’ll get used to do both things at the same time. You’re doing very well! keep on rocking :blush:

1 Like

Congrats on your first singing and playing video, not an easy thing to do but I thought you did an excellent job.

Only slight thing for me was your vocal was a little drowned out by your guitar. Just something to look at for future videos.

1 Like

I wish I had that much control over my pinky. It’s like a Jack Russel Terrier at the park, all over the place. Well done. Nice chord changes and even strumming.

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to post a video here. Any help? I’m new to this, so fumbling around I guess. Thanks!!!

Todd

I did enjoy your playing too!!!

I think it’s very brave to put ourselves out there!!! You have smooth chord changes and nice rhythm.

Todd

1 Like

Hi Todd, you’ll need to have a video uploaded to a shareable site, either YouTube or a shared cloud drive with the video available to anyone who has the link, then just paste the url here :+1:

Wow, unplugged sounds great! Really cool rendition of a wonderful song!

1 Like

thx @SgtColon, I’ll try to work on the volume of my voice in the next video. :smiley:

Thx man! Glad you liked it :slight_smile: