Wiki testing 👨‍🔧‎‎

After posting my latest learning log entry I discovered a new ‘make wiki’ button underneath. Pressing it turns the post into a wiki which I suspect enables other users with the appropriate Trust Levels to edit it. I’d like to try it with this post - I’ll turn it into a wiki and you guys try editing it below, leave a message and your name. Let’s see what happens!

Edit: hey cool it works! You also get a badge for editing so feel free to use this thread as the bathroom graffiti wall :smile:

I’m sure something interesting will be happening to my name @Majik

Yes, this line by FirstRazor.

Ding ding round 2 @TheMadman_tobyjenner

WhoopWhoop, badges incoming by Milifax

Giving an edit a shot… @J.W.C

This could be dangerous don’t let Brian know about this. Stitch

That’s good you can also see the previous edits and who made the edit @Socio

Ooo interesting! @DarrellW

Ivan is a bass-o-phile! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Cool! @iainism

@brianlarsen here you can go “loosely” , although the first …Ivan… apparently gets to see who does what and then you fall through the basket(but I didn’t get a notification when James was editing my post??)…here you can go “loosely” , although the first apparently gets to see who does what and then you fall through the basket…@roger_holland

WikiWikiWiki!

1 Like

Well I could open it and add text but it then flagged an edit conflict and would not save !:sunglasses:
Which is weird as what I wrote was there a second ago and now gone. But Majok and Razor replaced it.

Ah that could be handy for things you work on with several people, like announcementes and timetables for the open mic etc.

Make tactical use of it but don’t overdo, as people can edit content in your name!

btw; ad admin I can also change ownership of a post from one user to another user

1 Like

Interesting. Thought I’d take a look at the OM6 post but don’t see a Wiki option but YEY I gotta badge too, will need a new blazer soon ! :rofl:

How did you convert it Ivan was there an option in the menu ? :sunglasses:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner clicking the three dots at the bottom of the post opens up further options, just click the wrench symbol from there and that does it Toby.

1 Like

Thank you Ivan, have now made the OM6 topic a Wiki :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

How do you know it’s a wiki, apart from the obvious title name?

I was able to edit and add some random text and icons to the post by @Majik. If somebody edits or adds text, can you not see who it was?

@MapleBrain the owner of the post (in this case me) can see who made each edit and revert to previous versions so no worries about vandalism

it looks like anyone can see the previous edits and who made them but only the owner can revert to previous versions

Oops :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I need 20 characters.