Will i miss out on stuff if i read the notes below the lesson rather than watch the whole video?

hi there, i’m currently at the end of grade 2. i find myself rarely having time for guitar. therefore, i sometimes find it easier to read the notes below the video rather than watch the entire thing. my only concern is that i might be missing out on certain stuff. thanks for reading through!

Welcome to the Community, Rishi.

Yes, the recommended way to consume a lesson it to watch the video and read the description.

I think if you just read you run the risk of not fully understanding exactly how to do what is taught. Guitar-playing is a physical activity and theory and practice is at the heart of it. And one wants to avoid developing bad habits, which is easily done.

While there’ll be a significant overlap, there is also times when there is different points made in both video and description.

@PROMETHEUS3512 as per @DavidP its important that you take the time to watch the videos to make the most of Justin’s learning material. Like the saying goes a picture paints a thousand words. You can learn more from the videos. The notes below the video help reinforce what you have learned from the videos.

Yes watching the videos is the most important bit…the description is there to remind you of the key things in the video and not the lesson itself.

1 Like

The video is central to the lesson. The notes are important supplementary information but not the lesson itself.
If you find you are struggling for time then I would suggest you take a conscious decision to slow your progress down. Skipping through lessons by reading them but not having time to actually ‘do’ them and learn them and consolidate them is going to lead to a thin veneer or quickly forgotten skills.
Learn slow, learn deep, learn long.
And give the time to the lessons then yourself.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide & Moderator

1 Like