Winter Wonderland (seasonal bump)

Well I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon of Christmas re-releases. I did Winter Wonderland last Christmas and haven’t done any new festive songs this Christmas.
When I listen to it I’m afraid I think to myself “have I improved any over the past year”? Well I hope so.

Anyway, can I take this opportunity to wish all my Forum/Community friends a very Happy Christmas and hope you all have a warm, loving and festive time with your families and friends.

13 Likes

Goodness, this one is new to me too
Yes, very competent and laid back. And yes, you’ve improved :slightly_smiling_face:
Merry Christmas to you too

2 Likes

Great job Gordon!
Nice play and vox all the way! I enjoyed it and this is one of my favorites this time of year!

@brianlarsen - Yep, seems your a rerun type of guy there old pal. You know what they say; “better late than never!” lol
It’s all about rock,
LB

1 Like

Great stuff Gordon, one for a Christmas sing song!

1 Like

So happy you brought this one back over. I thought it sounded great last year and I think it sounds great this year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 Like

Glad you brought this one back, Gordon, I enjoyed it.

(Sweet guitar, by the way.)

1 Like

More good memories, Gordon.

Wish you and yours a blessed Christmas.

1 Like

Well done, Sir!
Merry Christmas!

1 Like

@brianlarsen @LBro @DarrellW @frito @J.W.C @DavidP @RadekSiechowicz

Hi Guys. Thanks for listening and commenting on my Christmas ’bump’.
I’ve haven’t been playing any Christmas songs this year which is a pity because some of them, especially the old ones from Hollywood movies, have terrific melodies and use marvellous jazzy chord progressions.

I think it’s partly because it’s a lot of practice time to put into something that’s only any use for a week or two. Unless of course you own a shop in which case you can start playing them in October!
I dare say I’ll manage to put a I,IV,V version of Jingle Bells and Rudolph the RNR together for the grandkids tomorrow. :smiley:

Btw. Have you heard that due to the rapid spread of the Omicron Covid variant, the police have been granted special powers to remove relatives from your house on Christmas Day.
Is this a free service or do you have to pay and book in advance?

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I wish that was true :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

lol that’s hysterical

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

What a treat on this Christmas Eve. I truly always enjoy your interpretations and great guitar playing. Happy Holidays!

1 Like

Nice one Gordon.
I am just getting round to listening to a few AVOYPs as we have had our festive playlist on most of the day.
Mrs C was singing along with some harmony fills - always a good sign and a deal of approval.
Merrry Christmas to you and yours!
:santa: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Good stuff, Gordon. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

@SandyMusic @Richard_close2u @CT

Thanks for the listen guys. I’ve hung up my stocking and I’m off to bed now. I’ve been a very good boy, so here’s hoping!

Thanks for the Christmas song, very well played! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Thanks Mari. I hope you had a lovely Christmas Day!

1 Like