Wishing you were here riff

Hey folks having a heck of a time learning this beautiful riff. It sounds like a banjo coming off my acoustic. My 1st and 2nd strings sound horrible. Is it that hard or is it just one of those things were we all have troubles with certain things? Thanks!

Hi Edward,
It is certainly difficult for most of us as beginners, usually even for advanced beginners, it looks so easy but to keep it clean all the time Oooooo …just keep going and put in time ,stop before you start to growllll :smile: and be sure to come back later … and if you have any questions or comments related to songs/lessons on the site you can put them under those lessons topics, that is often easier for the helping members and that saves Richard some work to move this topic,

Greetings, Rogier

1 Like

Hi Edward,

Might help if you could post up a recording or video so we can have a look or maybe just explain what it is about strings 1 & 2 that sound terrible?

It’s a great riff to play but as Rogier said can take some work to keep it all clean and precise.

Keep plugging away it’ll come

1 Like

@Richard_close2u could you move this to the lesson WYWH thread. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes that’s it exactly it’s not clean at all! I’ll try to do a video of it.

I will help if I can Edward

1 Like

I have realized I’m applying to much pressure with my fingers on the 1st and 2nd string in the 3rd fret. It’s getting better. I think the shape encourages to much pressure naturally.

1 Like