Wonderwall MFI our kid

I’ve not posted anything for a while, so I thought I’d best do some songs.

Took me a while to get the strumming somewhere near but I finally got there.

Comments and critiques most welcome.

8 Likes

You owned that song Stefan!! :fire:

Great sound and strumming. Singing was awsome.
I cant give you any advice, sounded great!
Throw out some more recordings please!!!

1 Like

Top performance there Stefan! Chord changes, rhythm, strumming, singing, all sounded terrific. No real suggestions from where I’m sitting.
Always like your performances mate. Keep em comin! :+1:

Cheers,
Shane

1 Like

That was awesome man keep it up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. Great job. Your strumming is spot on. Singing is great. This is a total nitpick but the highest note in the whole song sounds like a tiny bit of a stretch for you. I wonder if you could nail it if you moved the capo down a step, or maybe took it off altogether. I do think the capo sound on this song is good though.

-Dan

1 Like

That was fabulous, Stefan. You made the strumming, chord changes with the stretchy stuck 3 &4 fingers, and singing seem easy. Bravo.

1 Like

Hey @SgtColon, great post. Your singing is good.

Strumming was also pretty good.

I think you switched to regular C and D for the bridge? Pretty sure wonderwall stays the stuck chords, Cadd9 and Dsus4 throughout. Check out Justin’s lesson for it.

1 Like

Excellent Stefan. I love a bit of Oasis. You did the song justice. @jkahn is right Noel sticks to the stuck 3&4 chords and doesn’t use the regular C and D chords as shown in the beginner song book. Looking forward to hearing some more from you.

1 Like

You make this song look a lot easier that it actually is Stefan, well done! All sounded good to me couldn’t hear anything I could complain about. Can’t wait for your OM performance it’s gonna be ace!

1 Like

Sounded great Stefan. Well done. That strumming pattern is not easy to get and to maintain for the whole song. Really good vocal too. Vibes to you.

1 Like

Sounded good to me. Strumming, chord changes and vocals spot on.

1 Like

@tRONd @sclay @Bytron08 @DavidP @Socio @adi_mrok @sairfingers @skinnyt Thank you all for the positive feedback. I never listen back to my recordings and they never seem to go as good as what I think they should.

@ohmygato Thanks for the advice on the singing Dan. I’ll have a play with the capo and see how I get on.

@jkahn JK, I’ll give that a go. I learned it out of one of Justin’s books which for the chorus shows C, D and Em. I did think it would be easier if it was just all stuck chords.

Now you’ve got Wonderwall under your belt you can apply those stuck chords to quite a few of Noel’s songs including Don’t Look Back In Anger and If I Had A Gun.

1 Like

Thanks James, I’ll have a look at some of his other stuff too.

Just for anyone who is learning from the book and not the video, in the bridge, in the book, from the line “There are many things” and the chords are C, D, G, D, Em. on the second D, in the video, Justin say’s to play this as a D/F#.

Just so people know.

That was fantastic Stefan, spot on throughout.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Richard_close2u Thank you for the listen Richard.

1 Like

Stuck chords? What is that? I’ve been here seven years and have never heard that term. I’m embarrassed but still curious as to what I have missed😬

Anyway, Stefan, that was so well done. The strumming pattern was impressive and vocals were very enjoyable. Oh and great chord changes too.

1 Like

Pam

Its all those chords with your 3rd and 4th finger on the B and e fret 3, I think they were never labelled as such in the old BC, just taught as different fingering.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

This one slipped under my radar Stefan. Another top performance. You’re flying now :smiley:
Remember, you’re not Liam. G’is a smile at the the end at least :laughing:

I shall not make any further derogatory remarks about the Mancunian band, but a chap I know, Les Glover, wrote a song about Wonderwall. He plays with the guy who used to be the drummer in Slade :smiley:

1 Like