Worried Life Blues by Black Eyed Peas Lesson

Learn to play Worried Life Blues by Black Eyed Peas on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Worried Life Blues by Black Eyed Peas | JustinGuitar

2 Likes

I’m not seeing the tab for this. Is that just me?

I see a button to open a new window but that new window has no tab…

Thanks,
Ben

Publishing the tab quite often runs behind the release of the lesson, so give it time and it will appear. :sunglasses:

Oh man thats nice, going to give that a go later

I am digging this lesson. Does anyone know about the turnaround that Justin uses right at the opening moment of the video?

He mentions it at about 2:40 (“…one thing to be aware about this turnaround…”), before offering a simpler approach. Then again, at about the 15:15 mark, he describes it as the “little 1-6-2-5 turnaround”.

It looks like it involves a massive hand stretch beginning with index finger on the 3rd fret of the fifth string (C note) while the pinky is on 5th fret of the fourth string (A note). Index finger starts by sliding up a fret, and then…well, it’s hard to describe but it sounds very cool!

Does anyone know whether there is another lesson on the site that breaks down this turnaround?

These are 2 different turnarounds. The first on is a chromatic walk up with the index finger and the 1 6 2 5 is chords. The one he uses after the 2:40 is just a 1 4 1 5

I think it’s something like this

The first time Justin plays it he hammers on from the open A. When he shows how he plays it it’s like your tabs

1 Like

@mathsjunky & @stitch — thanks so much for this. I really appreciate the tab.

I’ve been playing for a little more than a year. At this point, I do know about chord progressions (e.g. I-vi-ii-V) but I do not know how a walkup/walkdown using two notes (like starting with a C-A) fits either major or minor.

I’m not asking for an explanation though: I’m sure I’ll figure it out in due time. Right now I just want to play the cool turnaround!

thanks again, David

1 Like

Actually, I think this is it—for anyone (like me) who could benefit from seeing Justin spell out the turnaround!

Starting at approximately 11:30 of the lesson above. He’s in the key of D, but other than that it seems to be the same idea.

…and totally unrelated, but I wonder why this thread is called “Worried Life Blues by Black Eyed Peas”? The lesson is actually on a blues standard, and he focuses on Big Maceo Merriweather and others.

I am not comprehensively familiar with the discography of Black Eyed Peas, but I’ve searched online and I don’t think that they recorded “Worried Life Blues.”

I think that’s the same as my tab except mine is in A.

I think it’s safe to assume the Black Eyed Peas is a typo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Black Eyed Peas. Oh, it must be a strategy to attract younger folks to the Blues Immersion course. Just kidding. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They started nearly 30 years ago … which is a bit scary :rofl:

:rofl: Well, then what about Cross Roads Blues by Taylor Swift ?