Worried life blues electric rhythm guitar

Hello there :slight_smile: let me share with you really interesting and creative project I did along the BLIM course. It’s cover of Justin’s version of the song, transcribed myself. It was so much fun.

I got a 60 s YouTube short as well if you want just to have a bite.

Song is amazing and I now explore some traditional acoustic arrangements. I guess they will follow up in some time :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Filip

Fantastically musical delivery with drive and progression. Dynamics are brilliant. Well played.

Brian

1 Like

Sounding very nice Filip! Your twos and fours are sounding spot on and the overall approach to the rhythm is nicely varied. Well played!!

Look forward to hearing the acoustic takes!!

J

1 Like

Sounds great and enjoyed the video, Filip.

Sounds really good! Your chord stabs are on the beat practically 100% I mean like 99.9% which really drives the tune beautifully. Guitar sound is spot on for that kind of driving blues tune. Done a great job here.

1 Like

That was a great performance, Filip. Knocked it out of the ball park!

1 Like

Nice! Great work. I like it how you threw in those ‘chopped’ chords, your sound settings for such chords are spot on… :+1:

1 Like

@Zlybilly I know you’ve been sharing recordings with the BLIM group. It is fantastic that you’re now sharing them in the general AVOYP area for everybody to enjoy!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

@beejay56 all right! The dynamics of the tune really got me going there. It’s awesome

@jgottwals @Coda @Willsie thank you dear, that was the idea. The composition is created by Justin so my job here was much less creative. However transcribing those chops and chords variations all over the neck was a huge fun for me and I learned a lot in the process. I recorded that couple of months ago but I’m still driven by these beautiful progressions, dynamics and expression ideas like chopping on 2s and 4s

@DavidP @mikemycroft the sound was also big project for me as I experiment now with new software and try to recreate some great blues tones from the era. I’m glad you like it.

@Richard_close2u :pray: i will aim for more to come in this great supportive community.

3 Likes

That was sounding great, Filip! :smiley:

What a groove, nice tone and feeling. That was a very enjoyable, bluesy tune. Also kudos for transcribing it yourself, too! That probably took a while. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing a little bit of your BLIM-world here, it’s always interesting what you are doing in the course and what comes out of it.

1 Like

Sounding terrific Filip. The BLIM course is clearly paying off. Well done.

1 Like

Your playing is great, very bluesy, and nice tone too. BLIM is definitely paying off for you!

1 Like

Very well done here! Cool video!! What FX is that?

1 Like

Nembrini audio modeled Overdrive Special Dumble amp, played cleany with just a tad break up, clone centaur boost lightly and reverb and delay. I also used IR modeling by ownhammer (don’t really remember which, but something with big headroom. I guess 2x12 orange cabinet. Would be glad to answer more detailed questions if anybody is interested :slight_smile:

Edit: I really appreciate the feedback here from all of you. It’s heartwarming and motivates to keep up the work !

Flip, really enjoyed your post; great sounds and play.

1 Like

Sounds great Philip :exclamation: Love the vidéo :exclamation: Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Sounded great Filip! What did you use for the video effects? I really liked how that turned out.

1 Like

@deiussum I edited video in iMovie for IPad and there you can apply some build it filters/effects. Its of limited use but sometimes it produces nice effect. You can also apply variable amount of the filter. Thanks :slight_smile:

@BigLuc thank you, Luc! Do you think video makes it more enjoyable than just a tune on SoundCloud? Is it worth additional effort for the audience? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Not sure I’ve seen a filter like that used before, so it really made it stand out, IMO. I’m not an Apple user, but I’m sure there are probably similar effects that you can use in other video editing tools.