XO - Beyonce Mayer

Happy Valentines Day. Let’s get romantic. This is John Mayer’s version of Beyonce’s “XO”.

It’s been a week since recording this and it is plain to see the necessity to add voice exercise to my daily routine. Enjoy and hopefully we’ll see some progress in the next one.

14 Likes

Very well done Nick. That was a great performance all-round. And, you have a tremendous voice my friend. Enjoyed it immensely.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Nicely done Nick.
Fabulous groove on the strumming with a relaxed wrist and dynamics.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Fine performance, Nick, playing and singing. Well done!

1 Like

Well Nick, I’m pretty sure a lot of girls would be happy hearing that performance on Valentines Day. Well done mate, your doing very well.

1 Like

Well done Nick, don’t be so hard on yourself, your singing isn’t at all bad, it’s good!
Overall an enjoyable performance!

1 Like

Nice work Nick. I love that you’re bringing music into the life of your two little girls and leading by example. A fine example it is. You’ve got a steady groove and a voice that’s promising.

A tip I learned from Marc Martel who uses this in his pre-show warm-up, that might help you support your voice better and improve your air flow, is to get a drinking straw, put some water in a bottle and to vocalize some scales or arpeggios of whatever sounds you feel like through the straw so that the water bubbles. This strengthens the muscles that support breathing, and encourages you to use more of your lung capacity. If you want more detail let me know and I’ll send you a video he made.

2 Likes

I like your strumming pattern. Sounds really cool!

1 Like

Hi Nick, that was super cool, didn’t realize John covered Beyonce’s song. To be fair I am not that into John Mayer for some odd reason (just didn’t get there yet), but for as much as I know him I think your voice is very similar to his, you have this sort of thing in the back of your throat going that resembles his voice in my head.

Overall superb performance, really enjoyed it and thanks for the upload!

1 Like

Sounded good sir! Good rhythm and guitar tone. Well done!

1 Like

I love John Meyers version of this song and you did it Justice, Nick.

Great playing and the vocals were nice.

Overall, a tasty triumph, I would say.

1 Like

Fantastic Nick, loved it.

Not hearing any issues with the vocals this end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Terrific strumming groove and excellent vocal too. Well done.

1 Like

Well played Nick. I thought your vocals were good and suited the song well. Looking forward to hearing more from you. :smiley:

1 Like

Nick,
Nicely done, played and the vox is good. On that vox, I did not hear where it was all that off, sounded fine to me.

Keep rock’n,
LB

1 Like

Thank you for the tip. That makes sense to me. I will try it out as a warm up!

1 Like

Thank you. I just got into Mayer last year when I started practicing guitar again. Maybe now I’m older I like mellow rock.

Nicely played and sung, Nick. Well done.

You already have a good voice, so you’ve got a great foundation to build on, and the right attitude about it, too. I’m betting that practice and use will polish your vocals very rapidly.

1 Like