Yamaha THR10II for electric guitar/acoustic/ukulele

Enjoy!

1 Like

The THR10II and electric guitar were delivered today and I am very pleased with them both. I haven’t had much time to play around with the settings yet but the amp seems to be exactly what I wanted. It sounds and looks great and the size is perfect for the room it is going to live in. I also love that I can play mp3s via Bluetooth with it. Many thanks to everyone for helping me decide and thanks for the good wishes.

4 Likes

Happy NAD Janet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing like a bit of GAS. I’ve no personal experience of these amps but they always get good reviews here, so happy NAD !! Enjoy and share.
:sunglasses:

Oh and welcome to the community :wave:

1 Like

Hi Janet,
Welcome and Happy NAD too :partying_face:
And may you enjoy your latest purchase for a long time, hopefully we’ll hear it roar soon :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Keith, I’ve been given this some thought. Basically I plan on moving house in the near future and have a dedicated music room (requirement of the missus). Thinking about my requirements I would prefer to have a FX loop for my looper. I had a look at the various posts you have made on amps along with some research and decided on getting a boss Katana 100 (I did debate whether to get the combo or just the head at this stage but everywhere I read said better off getting the combo). Primarily because it has the FX loop, can be played at low volumes as well as high volumes and comes highly recommended. It leaves room for growth as I may be a bedroom player today but who knows of I’ll be playing OM in the future. I’ve seen amazon has them in stock (sold by amazon) at a very good price. Have you had any experience buying amps from amazon? I presume it should be ok as sold by amazon and not a third party and will be able to register the amp to confirn its authentic. I always get a bit edgy buying things from Amazon.

As far as I know it should be fine off Amazon. The only things I would check for are: whether it’s a mk 1 or mk 2 version, and whether it’s a new one or a pre-used and where it’s shipped from.

I have been almost caught out with some items being a pre-used item, which isn’t always obvious.

If it’s a new item then it should be a mk 2 as they’ve not sold the mk 1 for a few years now, so if it is a mk 1 then it’s very old stock.

I should point out the mk 1 is still a great amp, but it’s not as versatile as the mk 2.

Finally,. check where it’s being shipped from. I have had occasions where I get a great price on something but it’s being shipped from the other side of the world, and it is likely to take ages to ship and will probably attract additional customs fees when it arrives.

But if it’s a mk 2 and is new (and not being shipped from somewhere stupid) then you should be good.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Thanks Keith. I double checked and it is the 100 Mk 2, it’s new and the delivery time frame is within a couple of days. Reading @Jamolay suggestion of getting the head for a smaller form factor and getting a cab when the time comes that I need the additional volume/move house is another option. So plenty to think about over next few days. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like