You Can Call Me .... Mike

I had considered going to slide, but since I was pouting, I pouted all the way.

1 Like

It’s the only way to do it. :smiley:

I remember when I injured my hand with the power tool, after the short initial shock the first thing I thought of way would it affect playing guitar.

1 Like

Hi Mike…welcome to the community. I understand the hand thing for sure. I deal with arthritis sometimes that gets so bad I can even hold anything let alone fret a note. I admire you for persevering and not giving up. I have been doing Justin guitar for a couple years now and learn something new every day. The “never very good” comment is always subjective. I am sure you are better than a lot of guitar players out there. I think that way about myself too sometimes, but then random people hear me play and comment how good I sound and that my music is enjoyable. Build the confidence one day at a time.

I am working on music theory as well. Seeing the whole picture makes things fit like I-IV-V tonic-subdominant-dominant idea is why certain chords seem to fit together musically. It works a lot better for songwriting than random chords mixed together. Good luck on the journey!!

Jeff

2 Likes

Thanks!

shudder sounds like an actual nightmare! Hope you’re all good now too Tony!

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s healed very nicely. Very occasionally I feel a twinge of pain when I fret certain chords.

1 Like

That’s really good to hear :slight_smile: (except for the pain part)

2 Likes

Hello Monkey Mike.
You must be thrilled that you’ll be able to pick up your guitar and make music (noise?) again.
I did a quick searchbfor your condition. Eek.
I hope your recovery is swift and good and you’re rocking soon.

I AM thrilled! I also had shoulder surgery on the same side about 2 weeks before my hand, so I’m chomping at the bit to do much of anything. Theory an other study until I can actually play.

1 Like

Hi Mike, good to hear you are in your way to recovery with your hand (and shoulder). Take it easy so everything heals properly.

Hi Al.
You can call me Brian.
a belated welcome to our community.
You can never have enough Wondermonkeys!
Hope you’re doing all your post-op physio.

You weren’t tempted to use it for all the A-shaped barre chords? :laughing: :roll_eyes:
Look forward to following your progress