You Can Call Me .... Mike

Actually, you can call me anything that you want.

I’ve played guitar before and used Justin’s site extensively. A few years ago I had to put the guitar away due to a hand condition, but this past Wednesday, I hope that I have this situation taken care of. I was never really any good, maybe some basic songs, but I always enjoyed it. As I heal up and look forward to being able to pick my remaining guitar back up, I’m going to dive into some “away from the guitar” guitar things, such as brushing up on my theory, etc. I look forward to interacting with you all!

Mike
WonderMonkey

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum Mike. Hope everything up quickly so you can back to playing.

2 Likes

Hey WonderMonkey. Now you’ve got me wandering. Welcome to the community. I injured my fretting hand (thanks to being an idiot with a power tool) and took up slide guitar while it healed. First time I’ve used open tunings to good effect.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community Mike. :slight_smile:

Glad to read you are on the mend and able to get back to playing your guitar.

2 Likes

Hi Elisabeth von munchen di banali…errr :upside_down_face:

No I’ll just stick with Mike, :sweat_smile:…welcome and how nice to read that you have made some physical progress and can pick up the guitar again,…I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses: , and with a little foundation that you you will quickly make some stops in the beginning … and starting with the theory is a super good move if you already know some chord grips,
Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

Hi Mike and welcome.

Depending which hand it is you might be able to still do some guitar related stuff such as practicing strumming patterns with muted strings which would serve you well once you’re healed.

Hope your recovery goes well and you’re playing again soon

Matt

2 Likes

Well I’ll call you Mike, or maybe just abbreviate username to WM :slight_smile:
Either way, welcome and pleased to hear you’re back in a position to play / learn. Enjoy and look forward to hearing more!

2 Likes

Welcome Mike I hope your hand is fully recovered and gives you no problems It must be a great feeling to pick the guitar back up again good luck :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, me too!

I have Duputryn’s Contracture. Want to see the stitches?

1 Like

Just for fun, I looked up Elisabeth of Bavaria, Electress of Saxony.

2 Likes

I’ve considered that, good suggestion.

WM is what most people use on forums. Much easier to remember than the many Mike’s that are no doubt here.

1 Like

I can’t wait! I’m trying to not get my hopes up too much.

Hi Mike, it’s wonderful, that you are back on your guitar journey. However it may look like in detail - music is so powerful. Enjoy it :hugs:.

2 Likes

Welcome, Mike, glad you’re back, and I hope your hand is fine now!

2 Likes

Hi Mike WonderMonkey :slight_smile:
Nice to meet you.
Great to hear your hands are healing up and you can get back into playing guitar! :smiley:

2 Likes

haha, that’s a bit morbid, thanks but no thanks all the same. Dr Google gave me an idea of what happens with that condition, could be good for slide.

1 Like

Hello and welcome, anything you want! Interesting nickname, Mike is probably easier, but who am I to judge? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like