Your Song by Elton John cover

Hi ya all,
Here is my latest hot off the couch(sofa).
Always liked this song so when I came across a cover on YouTube recently by Yoni Schlesinger I thought I would give it a go.
I hope you enjoy. All feedback is most welcome.
Cheers
Ron

14 Likes

Nicely played, enjoyed it. Good translation from piano to guitar.

1 Like

That was amazing Ron. Vocals were excellent as was your playing! Superb all around!

1 Like

That was lovely, Ron. Beautiful song that works very well on guitar, very nice arrangement. So when will you be playing a Coffee House in my area?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Trevor. :smiley:

Cheers Eddie. I appreciate your encouragement. :smiley:

Thanks so much Mari.
If you live anywhere near Melbourne, Australia I might be able to arrange a coffee shop gig…:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I checked. 22 hours flight time for the 15,500 km distance. Don’t take me into account when booking your next gig :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t think you need much encouragement from me Ron. You are a natural performer. Super job on this song. I am also familiar with yoni S and he does a really good version of another Elton John song - I guess that’s why they call it the blues. Elton John songs are difficult to sing but you smashed it. I just showed my wife your video and she loved it too. Superb stuff!

1 Like

Oh that’s disappointing :rofl::joy::rofl:

That is terrific Eddie. So pleased you both enjoyed it. I am currently working on my next Elton song…Daniel. Will have a look at the one you suggested. :smiley:

1 Like

I was intrigued by this one, Ron, EJ being a piano player and most of the (few) songs I know being driven by piano in their arrangements. I also didn’t immediately know the song until you started to play.

Another fabulous performance, both playing and singing.

You are one of those musicians here whom I consider to be semi-pro gig level. As such when faced with limited time and many AVOYPs you’ll have noticed I cherry pick which of your to listen and comment on. I figure I may have more to offer those here working through the first few grades.

I found the guitar sound interesting on this one. Possibly it is just the natural voice of the instrument with the capo at that fret. But maybe you also spiced it up with, if I had to guess, a little chorus or maybe another effect? And to be clear that is interesting in a pleasing way. While it was quite bright I think it served the song well.

So after reading and agreeing with Mari’s comments about gigs (I’d also not be able to join from Jhb), have you made progress towards live performing?

2 Likes

Hi Ron,
Fantastic :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet: … a little surprise that it also sounds so good with only guitar…but it was realy nice to listen to it… :clap:.
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

That was a really nice Ron, I listened to it a couple of times while having my morning coffee.
Loved the little arrangements and how relaxed you were. Cheers!

1 Like

This was really an enjoyable listening, both guitar and vocals :clap::clap::clap: I also like Yoni Schlesinger’s stuff, he’s so very skilled!

1 Like

Excellent performance, Ron. You just have a really nice laid-back style of play and vox that draws the listener in. You really need to be playing a pub or coffee shop and, if you do, please post a video. I imagine you would be well received.

1 Like

Thank you David for taking the time to listen and comment. I really appreciate it.
Guitar has a bit of chorus and reverb. You are right about influence of capo.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Thank you Kevin. :smiley:

Thank you Silvia. I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you enjoyed it.
Yoni is very skilled and I like challenging myself with his arrangements though I am not at a level where I can fully replicate them.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Cheers Rogier.
Thank you for taking the time to listen and feedback. :smiley: