You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - a late Christmas recording

It took me a little longer to learn this tune, but I have finally recorded a Christmas song today.

Wim.

9 Likes

That was ace, Wim, worth the wait I’d say. You could also say you’re getting ready (way) early for Christmas 2022! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Terrific stuff Wim. Beautiful fingerstyle. That was a 12 months of the year performance.

1 Like

I’m glad you found your way here Wim. Lovely playing, thankyou.

1 Like

Welcome, Wim, and well played.

I’ve sampled a couple of the previous recordings, and my sense is that this is a cleaner recording than those.

1 Like

BRILLIANT!!! (I hope you get the reference)

That was excellent playing Wim. Very nice and clean. It had me singing along.

1 Like

I love this! I was able to just zone out and go along for the ride. You nailed it in my book!

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Great fingerstyle arrangement, beautifully played.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, that’s the way to look at it. I am just 48 weeks early :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, David.

I experimented a bit with the position of my microphone this time.

Wim.

1 Like

Wow! So is this two guitar or what? Sound so full and complete. I have no clue what is this song but it’s great. Good timing. So I understand this is recorded with a mic? Have you put any reverb or is it naturally the room giving the reverb?

1 Like

@Zlybilly You’re a Mean One, Mr Grinch. It’s a Dr. Seuss story, How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It’s a classic. You should look it up.

@WimVD Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Thanks Filip,

It’s a solo fingerstyle arrangement (one guitar), with the thumb of the picking hand playing a muted bass line and the other fingers picking chords and melody.
I have added reverb and some delay in my DAW (Reaper).

Wim.

Definitely sounds like two guitar :slight_smile: what do you record with ? One mic put close to the box ?

It’s recorded with a condensor microphone pointing at the 12th fret at about 10 cm from the body.

1 Like

Hi,
You might have been a tad late on this one, but I am even later in reply. Ha, got you on that one!

Good stuff and nice play for sure. I like the little runs and lead-ins. Sounds really good. Your notes are ringing out very well. I enjoyed this and found it relaxing!

Keep up the good work and rock it down some more,
LB

1 Like

Hey Wim good to see you here. Well that was a jolly jaunt and exquisitely played as always, have to put that in the bank for the next 11 months ! :sunglasses:

1 Like