You've Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman Lesson

Learn to play You've Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at You've Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman | JustinGuitar

So I think this is a really great song…I’ve never seen the movie and heard it here for the first time…it makes me so happy :sun_with_face: :seedling: and it’s the first song (until the lesson part) that I really often listen … I also really like the way it is sung, it is one of his best songs … and then I see it for me how he sings it for his little girl, it makes me even happier …I’m going to give it another try, the first attempt failed,there is a lot of fun technique in this song.
Are there more people who love this “children’s” song?
Greetings Rogier

1 Like

This is my favorite lesson so far. It’s a great song to play for the grandkids, Justin’s arrangement is really excellent, and I need to work on that “chuck” technique he covers so well.
It’s a bit challenging for me to combine the single note fingerpicking in there, but making good progress. I’ve learned a lot from this lesson. Seeing the grandkids in about a month - can’t wait to try it out on them!

1 Like

Just got through the theory courses on dominant minor and major seventh. I’ve really been struggling with putting it in my mind. This song really helps solidify the theory of the seventh chords putting into practice and seeing it in the open chords. as well it’s quite fun to play. Thanks for doing it.

1 Like