Zombie by The Cranberries

https://youtu.be/cUCdTvJMwCw

Sorry I haven’t been around here for a while, been busy with work and stuff so haven’t had a lot of spare time to log on to the community, but I have been spending as much time as I can playing my guitar.

So, to the subject of this post. I had been playing ‘Zombie’ by the Cranberries for a while before Justin put his lesson for the song on the website last year. I admit that I had been guilty as charged of playing it with pretty much the same strumming all of the way through, so having watched Justin’s lesson I set about mixing it up a bit to make my playing of the song more interesting. I am playing to a backing track, not sure my timing is ‘on it’ through this, but I hope you all enjoy my effort. As always, constructive feedback is appreciated, thanks.

5 Likes

Looking good, sounding great!!!
Looks like fun.
Thanks for this beauty.
Keep on playing!!!

Well done, Malcolm, good to hear you are keeping up with playing even while life keeps you from the Community. It all sounded pretty good to me (though I am by no means a human metronome). Keep on keeping on

1 Like

Hi Malcolm,

This is the most important thing for a guitar player in life. :sunglasses:…almost then :blush:

Try to throw in some more arm movement (more evil/bad/aggressive attitude?) if you can.
Keep on going :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Really well done with this one Malcolm. A great bit of playing. Some nice advice from Rogier there as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I am aware of the need to add a bit of attitude when playing rock music, not something that comes natural to me, especially when concentrating all of my effort trying to play the song well, but hopefully I can develop this side of my playing over time.

I really enjoyed that Malcolm nice playing thanks for sharing :+1:t3: :clap:t2:

1 Like