500 dollars guitar cable? Does it make sense?

Does it make sense?

Absolutely!
Go for it and report your experiences here :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve just ordered one from Amazon for £8.99. Hope I’m not disappointed!

@sairfingers you didn’t order the amazon essentials guitar cable did you?

1 Like

It makes sense :moneybag: :moneybag: to the person selling them. Not so much for the person buying them :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

I assume it comes with a free amp and a free guitar ? 500 bucks ? No it does not makes sense. But there again how long is it ? If its 125 mtr is the same value as the 3m Stagg cables I normally get from Amazon. :rofl:

1 Like

:yawning_face: :yawning_face: :yawning_face: :yawning_face:

Excuse me. It’s described as ‘premium’. :grinning:
Premium Braided Guitar Cable: 3m / 10ft Mono 1/4 inch Jack Lead for Bass, Electric, Keyboard.

1 Like

I don’t mean to be judgmental, but from your questions to the Community, I got the impression that you tend to focus on the price of instruments and accessories a bit too much. In my opinion (maybe others will agree), price alone doesn’t reflect the actual practical value of a piece of gear. For example, an 800 USD guitar may play just as fine as one that costs 5 times as much. The same goes for accessories. Chances are that in a home environment, you won’t even hear the difference between a 25 USD and a 500 USD cable if there is any.

I’d suggest you to do some research before jumping at the opportunity to buy something. Try to search for reviews, descriptions, comparisons or actual demo videos on the things you are interested in. They can save you a lot of time and money. And always ask yourself if you really need the new gadget that you are about to buy.

And don’t forget that in the end, your hands have the biggest influence on your playing and if you sound good or not.

1 Like

3 meter

No I am not going to buy just saw that advertisement and I became curious .

1 Like

This thread is making me laugh. But on a serious note, is there something about the cable that makes it so expensive? If more expensive is better quality, would it be geared towards professional performing bands? Or recording studios? Some entity that could justify needing the quality for the price?

Yep, the seller wants to maximise their profit.

2 Likes

Surely it has solid gold plugs?

Makes me kind of regret my decision to switch over to hooking up my gear using the 4-cable method :rofl:

1 Like

And cores and armour… and probably insulation but coated black :rofl: I wonder what fire rating it has, you can probably play it even after a building falls down :grinning:

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t actually say dollars, does it?

Who knows, I can’t read korean.

As long as the connections are good, conductivity & shielding are OK, electrons don’t care :smiley:.

This is the correct answer.

Cheers,

Keith

As I said in another thread, when it comes to instrument cables, the correlation between cost per metre of cable and the ability to transfer audio is approximately zero.

It’s fine to pay a little extra for decent quality plugs and construction, so that the cable lasts and doesn’t break.

But no instrument cable needs to cost more than about $20 for a 3m cable, and cables that cost less than this are almost always perfectly good.

I have done wiring in a theatre and the professional cable they used there (speakers, audio patching, etc.) never cost more than about £5 per metre for the cable, with connectors typically costing a few £ each.

Cheers,

Keith