Absolute newbie to the guitar. Hello from Ray - aka Sixgun

Hi everybody. I’m a complete newbie to the guitar.

I tried to learn once a very long time ago, and it just didn’t “click”. I gave up.

Now, I’ve decided to give it another go (being older and wiser, and all that jazz…).

I just picked up a “new to me” Washburn D-15 acoustic. I took a buddy of mine that plays guitar well to the local mega-guitar store and went looking for guitars. We stumbled on this one and it sounded good, even with the old strings. Put a new set of strings on, and it sounds fantastic! I think I got a good deal, and it is a quality enough guitar that I won’t immediately be thinking about an “upgrade”.

I just found this site and am currently working on Grade 1 Level 1. I’m sure that persistence will pay off. I’ll keep at it slow and steady.

Thanks for reading.

Ray

18 Likes

Welcome Ray! It’s a beautiful Journey, the community here is great too so you’re off to a good start!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ray.

2 Likes

Welcome Ray,

The start of a great journey! Great community here mate - a real spirit of generosity and friendship. Players of all levels, all helpin each other out.
Stick close to Justin’s lessons, and reach out here anytime.
Lookin forward to see you progress.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Welcome to the Group Ray.

R.

2 Likes

Welcome.
This site and community is one of the best in my opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ray,
I wish you a lot of fun and perseverance :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Ray :smiley:
1.1… What a great place to be!
You have so much fun ahead of you. Enjoy every bit of it.
(How on earth did you resist going with the handle Ray-gun? :rofl:)

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Ray :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello Ray. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the community.

That is exactly the mindset that will see you right.
If you need any help or support just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Welcome Ray

Great to have you here. I was a freshly minted newbie almost exactly 12 months ago and it’s a great fun journey - making music gives me great pleasure. I hope it does for you too.

Regards

Murray

1 Like

Hello Ray, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
I’m looking forward to hearing more from you while you’re making progress and wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend :smiley:.

1 Like

Welcome Ray, with that out look you’ll be fine. Years ago I used to call this journey a marathon and not a sprint. The more I stick at it it seems like a never ending ultrathon but never the less, its a fantastic ride and the rewards are well worth the effort and time.

Just holler if you ever need advice.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

All the best Ray, stick at it as it’ll be one of the best things you ever take up!

1 Like

Welcome Ray, hopefully it will click with you this time.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on the new guitar. I had a similar false start about 15 years before i got serious. For me one of the differences was narrowing my goals, making them more specific. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Ray! Like @TheMadman_tobyjenner said, stick with that attitude, and you will get it!!! @JustinGuitar knows his stuff, is easy to get along with, is open-minded, and made it fun for me to boot!!! I’m so happy I’m able to learn from him and the Justin Crew that know their stuff just as well!!! Embelish on all i would suggest!!! :slight_smile:
Rock on brother! Cheers! SOCIABLE! And peace out! :v: :sunglasses: :fist_left:

1 Like

Welcome, there are quite a few “second time around” people here. I think this site and teacher have helped me enormously over the last year or so after a 40 year break. I recommend the app to play along with after a few weeks.

1 Like

Hi Ray
From one newbie (only started back in Nov) to another, welcome.
I have found even in such a short time that by following the beginner course step by step you will be surprised at the progress you can make. Without a doubt “slow and steady” is the key.
Enjoy
Paul

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. It’s never too late to begin again. Persistence pays off. I’m 69 and having great time learning. Stay strong!!!

3 Likes