After Hours Blues

My recording of this month is a slow fingerstyle blues in drop D in an “After Hours Blues” style.

Wim.

16 Likes

Wonderful restraint, a cool vibe and a steady pulse.

Your music has sent me to my happy place Wim, thankyou.

1 Like

Lovely listen, Wim. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Very nice Wim. Some tasty stuff going on there and it sounds complicated to play lol. Well done!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ever so tasty, Wim. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Love the groove, Wim. Aptly titled. :sunglasses:

1 Like

very nice, very smooth.

1 Like

Lovely playing Wim.

It had me thinking I was down in Savannah, sat on my front porch, sipping something from a jam jar, on a balmy summers eve.

1 Like

Wim,
Wow, it is very slow indeed and sounds very hard to keep the beat going due to that. Nice job dude as you nailed it. I like it as it has some great attitude! Great tone on the guitar too!

Keep on rock’n,
LB

1 Like

Totally diggable. That place between blue and cheerful. Nice. Well done sir!

1 Like

Very nice. Did you make this up yourself? Any pointers to any material that teaches you this ? I love fingerstyle & Blues so to combine the two!

@skeldol

The material comes from David Hamburger’s fingerstyle five (fretboardconfidential.com)

1 Like

Beautiful and so relaxing… I’m just starting to practice fingerstyle and I find that my fingers tingle and go a bit numb after a bit… did you ever experience this?

Thats odd Sandy, which hand would it be on the picking hand or the fretting hand? Ive never experienced that before. I know your fretting figures hurt if you play for a long period of time though.

It’s my right hand … the one I’m fingerstyling with… I figure it has to be my posture… I have no circulation or heart problems, got all those tests done in 2019 after almost passing out twice with arrythmia… it was really just a virus causing it and been fine since

Could it be my Seagul is too big for me and it cuts the circulation?

It could be maybe your arm sitting on the guitar is cutting off circulation somehow?

1 Like

that’s what I think

Make sure the edge of the guitar hits your arm at the elbow crease, not the inside of your upper arm (where the nerves are).

Is it the whole hand, the thumb, index and middle or the ring and pinky? All different nerve compressions and can help tell what the problem is.

1 Like

Tasty, laid back playing, Wim. I enjoyed it. Made me want to grab a harmonica and play along, but I don’t have a harp in the right key!

1 Like