Always On My Mind

I’ve been working on this, off and on, for a while now and thought it was time just to sit down and record it. I’m not going to apologise for the imperfections because I’m trying not to do that so…Hope you enjoy.

47 Likes

That was beautiful Claudia.

1 Like

Oh, I love the little imperfections :kissing_heart: Nothing to add to Paul’s comment. This is so beautiful, Claudia. I’m still trying to recover from full-body goosebumps I got when you started singing…

1 Like

That was superb Claudia. I love all those details you included. The integration of the melody, the little run-ups that link the chords, the dynamic variations in the picking… You make it look easy, but you execute them really well. They almost made me forget that you sung it beautifully too. Well done.

1 Like

Claudia

A fantastic version of a great song. Your singing was wonderfully emotive and the guitar accompaniment was great. Was that your work? I’ve liked Elvis’s cover of this song for many years. I’ll add your’s to my playlist also.

Superb!!

Brian

1 Like

No apologies needed. That was well done and heartwarming. Now you need an audience so you can see the smiles.

1 Like

That was terrific Claudia. Super vocal. Loved the fingerpicking style, really good thumb bass note dynamics. And a solo in the middle too! Well done.

1 Like

Very nicely played & sung Claudia!
Definitely no criticism here…
I just sat back & enjoyed the performance during a stressful day at work… very calming & relaxing… Thank you :pray:!!!

Tod :grin:

1 Like

Great job Claudia, guitar and vocal are nicely performed.

1 Like

Thanks for all the nice comments. I took a fingerstyle arrangement I found online that was intended for solo guitar, with the melody line being played, and adapted it to accompany my vocals. It brings out the arrangements in Elvis’ version, which I love.

Hi Claudia,
I like your version a lot, top work, great vocal.
In the guitar part I particularly like the combination of finger style with finger strumming - really nice

1 Like

Top job, Claudia :sunglasses:
Makes me want to have a go at picking again. Nice mixing the strumming in too, and I am always well-impressed by anyone who employs the Hendrix thumb-over for the 6th string :smiley:
Aced the vocals too- what’s not to like? :smiley:

1 Like

Great performance, Claudia! :clap:

I really loved the varying accompaniment from picking, to fingerstrumming, little bass runs and even melody-parts. Wow! Your vocals sounded great, too. All in all, a very beautiful rendition! :smiley:

1 Like

Well done; I enjoyed the performance (both guitar and vocal).

1 Like

Very very nice Claudia . :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Lovely, I’m well impressed by your ability to mix strumming and fingerpicking and stay in time! Very well done Claudia

1 Like

Beautiful relaxed fingerpicking and lovely vocals.:ok_hand:

1 Like

Wow, that’s great! Really nice guitar playing and you have a wonderful voice.

1 Like

I make it a point to never comment or even listen to unlisted videos. It’s a stumbling block for me since so many of us (here and elsewhere) have had to put aside our feelings of anxiety and vulnerability. You’re a really good player with gobs of talent, as a result I’m now a subscriber. Please list your videos so that your music can come up on my youtube feed, and so that others can discover your music outside of the forum. Your listed music is excellent.

1 Like

What a fine rendition of a beautiful song, Claudia! The variabilty in your playing is remarkable, your relaxed and sensitiv fingerpicking combined with your strumming is terrific and your voice fits the song just fine. I “rediscovered” this song two weeks ago, strummed the chords (Elvis version) and set it on my list on growers. There is so much potential in this tune and you gave me great inspiration!

1 Like