Angie -The Rolling Stones (short)

Hello Rogier, for whatever reason, I’ve missed your vids till now. What a shame, as they sound terrific :star_struck:.
Although I’m no big Stones-listener (to use your wording :wink:), this is one of my favourite Stones songs. And you played it so well :clap::+1::smiley:. It was a real pleasure listening to it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
Thanks for your nice words :blush:
Well, you can sometimes miss something here in the hustle and bustle. Don’t be surprised if I have used the word Fan before or will use it in the future,…but I always see people in front of me calling someone’s name (or worse and yelling :see_no_evil: …or much worse :briefs: :bikini: :hot_face:) and I’ve never understood that,… is just another weird thing :smile:

Thank you :man_bowing:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Well done Roger, that’s one of my favourite Rolling Stones songs and it was played beautifully. It’s on my Dreamer list of songs to master!

1 Like

Hi Peter,
I really appreciate your comment, :sunglasses:…have fun finding out and remembering,… :sweat_smile:
For what it’s worth, I just posted the better sound version with no added reverb,…
Greetings,Rogier

Very nice!!

1 Like

Hi Enrique,
Thanks you for listening and thank you :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

Rogier, A nice job on both versions of the song. You capture the sound and feel of a song that can be tricky to get right and is on my future list of songs to play. I read somewhere that Keith Richards spent a full week of practice on this prior to recording. I hope to hear more from you this year. I had to go back a few months to find this AVOYP.

1 Like

Awesome job on this one @roger_holland !!! You are flexing some nice guitar skills there. I looked at this song a while back and was intimidated by it. Ha. Keep jamming!

1 Like

Hi Steve, @SteveL_G99 and Travis. @Traveler
Thank you very much for your appreciation And for your information,I did not now that. I haven’t played this one for a long time but picked it up again almost daily last month, and now I say that I could have done my best with recording a little longer,because it sounds now better than i expected the difference could be in that time…now it’s this is my easy campfire song that i play …after a long … very long … practice :sweat_smile:…when there is a guitar somewhere and that happend 2x last 10 day`s ,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

How did I miss this last October. So sorry! Too late now to add anything to what has already been said but I really enjoyed all your different versions. I wonder where you are with this song now 7 months later?

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
Thank you very much :smiley:
No need to say sorry ,it is busy here and I’m also starting to miss more and more,
the song is now running smoothly (after a long break because practicing it way too much :grimacing:) …and last weeks on a birthday I get people to sing, but it’s about time I started choosing an acoustiasonic guitar so that the transition to an acoustic guitar comes from a corner of someone’s living room is smaller and hurt myself less,
Greetings…

Ohhhh!!! This one just popped up Rogier!! One year old.
Sounds amazing, i love this song and have wanted to learn that one like you play it…
really well done Rogier :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Hi Trond,
You again today :grin:
Thank you very much…Now you are really too friendly :blush: … it is not a year old yet, but it is actually a bit old to bring/bump it up :blush: … but I hope it inspires people to start practicing this too because it has given me a lot…frustration / annoyance / blood / sweat and tears :roll_eyes:…and fun…yes ofcourse a lot of fun :smile: :sunglasses:
Greetings…

Hi Rogier,

Sounds wicked.
Sounds like the tone would work really well on Hotel California also.

Very nice playing.

Digger

1 Like

Hi Stephen,
Thank you :smiley:. And now I’m going to do my best tomorrow to remember what kind of tone sound I made here (it’s been a while since the video) … I’m always just doing something ???, and it’s a coincidence that I’ve been busy with Hotel California intro the past few days :sunglasses:,But now that I’m tapping this I also remember that I just turn on my chorus and have never touched a knob there in recent years so the only variable is the knob reverb on my amp…thanks again
Greetings…

Sounded great, found myself doing a terrible Mick Jagger impression singing along :v:

1 Like

Hi Rogier, it sounds good to me. A very recognizable sound.

1 Like

Hi Rogier, I’m late to the party, but I just wanted to say that sounded amazing! I liked the little extra reverb as well. You displayed some impressive skill. Nicely done! :clap::clap:

1 Like

Hi Lee, @Chazzo78
Thank you, :smile: at least you sing…nicely because then you really enjoyed it :sunglasses:

Hi Andrés, @dobleA
Thank you for listening and your commentary :sunglasses:

Hi Jennifer @Jenndye429
Thank you …definitely a bit late ,this is the first time a song of mine keeps coming back :blush:…an advantage is that i keep being reminded of the progress i’ve made :sunglasses: because it was quite a struggle to get this done back then :sweat_smile:, … now I often warm up with Angie in the morning … thank you very much for your kind words, really super appreciated :smiley:

Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Roger! Great performance, I really like RS, this is one of my favorite songs of theirs, I like their early transition the most, thanks for sharing!

Mike

1 Like