Another Day In Paradise - Phil Collins

Hi All. I was inspired to have a go at Another Day In Paradise after hearing it mentioned on a Rick Beato video that @DavidP posted. I was a big Phil Collins fan back in the 80s/90s but had kind of forgotten about this song.

Clearly mine is a stripped back acoustic version as the original has multiple instruments including the piano riff which I’ve tried to recreate on guitar.

As ever, it’s a one take which is a bit of a miracle as the riff is played so many times I didn’t think I could do it without messing up at least one! They’re not perfect but not bad.
ps. Ok, so it’s not a Wednesday.

33 Likes

Hit another one out of the park Gordon. Really enjoyed that. :beers:

1 Like

@sairfingers
Great stuff Gordon, I really enjoyed it.
The riff sounded fine to me it adds so much more than just plain strumming for a song.
Michael

1 Like

This was fantastic. I hope to one day be this good!

1 Like

Excellent Gordon. I liked how you combined the melody with the chords. Sounded smooth and accurate.

1 Like

That was some solid playing and vocals. Gordon. It’s been a while since I’ve listened to some Phil Collins. I was actually thinking about watching Buster the other night. But Seriously, I thought you delivered the riff very well (especially when singing over it. You’ll earn yourself some Cadbury’s Chocolate if you follow up that fantastic performance with In the air tonight.

1 Like

Great job Gordon, very nicely done.

1 Like

Great as always Gordon!
Sounded great, just to get through those 4 minutes without any major hiccups is an achievment :rofl:
Really impressive playing Gordon! This was a cool version of a song i havent heard for many many years :grin:

1 Like

That is such an awesome song. I remember listening to it a lot when I was a kid.

Great performance Gordon. Loved it.

1 Like

Very well played with a lot of confidence Gordon, great!

1 Like

You always seem to deliver Gordon. Every single time. I don’t think I’ve ever heard one from you that I didn’t really like. Great song choice too, and bravo on that little repeating line. :+1:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Morning Gordon,
Good ol’ Phil. Superbly talented multidisciplinary artist who came in for a lot of criticism for going ‘mainstream’ (Guilty, M’Lud :laughing:)
Watching your guitar chops progress always reminds me how ‘I coulda been a contender’ :rofl:
Intricate guitar work and solid singing.
I’m happy for that to go on our setlist but wouldn’t mind hearing you have a go with the capo one or two frets higher. You’re hitting all the notes well, but I’m hearing less power in the lowest note and I think you have room to spare in the higher registers.
Looking forward to next Wednesday already :smiley:

3 Likes

Abesolutely amazingly fantasticy Gordon :scream: :man_bowing: :clap: :sunglasses: :clap:

I have played the CD with this song on very very often, just between Metallica, Slayer, various symphonic hard rock etc. with the necessary raised eyebrows from friends and I did not give a ant`s willy about it … :joy:

Great performance I enjoyed it … :sunglasses:

And fortunately we were not distracted by a beautiful view outside or a beautiful living room with a lot to watch or anything like that :laughing:

Greetings,

1 Like

Nice work Gordon, I was a Collins fan. So many great songs from many artists in that era :+1:

1 Like

Wonderful playing and vocals Gordon. Those extra little melody notes blended in really well into your cover. Bravo :clap:

1 Like

Beautiful Gordon…love the way you use dynamics in the strumming! Only one thing is missing a :microphone: for your wonderful vocals to be valorised as they deserve! You can ask one to :santa: :wink::blush: Great performance, my compliments Sir :raised_hands:

1 Like

That was really good, loved the strumming dynamics. Its been a while since I have seen a video of yours and you have improved a lot.

1 Like

Hi Gordon,

You did an amazing job on this. The song was one of my favorites when it was new, brings back great memories. Rock on my friend.

Jeff

1 Like

Superb! Really well done & executed! I totally enjoyed your arrangement & feel that the vocal accompaniment was excellent!
Keep those “One-Take Wonders” coming!!!

It’s really inspiring to see how so many people in this Community, from all over the world & in so many different walks of life can pick up a guitar one day & just keep improving over time!!! Wonderful feeling being part of this group of Musicians!!!

Thanks Gordon!!!

Tod

1 Like

Sounded pretty good to me . Great job

1 Like