Another Day In Paradise - Phil Collins

Oh, Gordon, what a sincere and truthful performance!
Thank you.
And great guitar job with this not simple song.
Leo

1 Like

Wow Gordon that was really impressive! Man i am on and off on the forum lately, but you my dear Sair are still developing and with every single cover you are introducing more and more fancy stuff! Awesome interpretation, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@crocodile1 @adi_mrok
Leo, Adrian. Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment. Iā€™m pleased you enjoyed my version of this great song.

Iā€™m trying to put a bit more into my songs now with little lead lines, but as I said to David earlier, it makes things more difficult and the ā€˜one takesā€™ might suffer. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Terrific performance again Gordon. Well done sir!

1 Like

Thanks for the listen and kind comments Ian. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi Sar,
Not sure how this one slipped by me. I like it and the fancy pick work youā€™re doing. Maybe the vocals could have been delivered with a bit more power behind them. But that is subjective for sure. Great sounding job of it mate and do take good care!

LB

1 Like

Thanks for the listen and taking time to comment LB.

Yes youā€™re right there. For some reason I just couldnā€™t find the right key for my voice on this one.

Hi Gordon,

Back when Mr Collins was on a roll and smashing out some great tunes. (As well as a starring role in Buster.)

Really nice rendition - and poignant at this time of year with so many struggling.

Digger

1 Like

@Digger72 Hi Stephen. Thanks so much for the listen and taking time to comment.

Yes the song is particularly poignant at this time of year.
I was in Glasgow city centre the other day and the number of people begging and sleeping on the streets was quite distressing. The contrast between them and all the others (including me) spending money on Christmas presents was very thought provoking.
Just like the words in the song we pretend we donā€™t see them.

I donā€™t know how I missed this one Gordon, but I listened to it about 10-15 times in a row right now.

An amazing rendition of an all time classic. Thank you very much for sharing!

1 Like

Very well done, Gordon! I enjoyed it! Iā€™m more of a Gabriel fan than a Collins fan, but that song worked great with your acoustic rendition.

2 Likes

And the prize goes toā€¦ā€¦:joy:
Thanks Luka, Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the song so much. Itā€™s another one for the album! Great to hear from you, hope all good with you.

2 Likes

Hi Kevin. Yes the Genesis thing splits opinion doesnā€™t it.
Thanks for the listen and comments, much appreciated.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never done new year resolutions, but hereā€™s one for 2024:
Iā€™ll put together Gordonā€™s greatest hits album and post it over to you :smiley:!

1 Like

Really enjoyed that Gordon. Loved your rhythm man. Great song by a great artist played beautifully. :clap::clap::clap:
You have inspired me to do some Phil songs.

1 Like

Thanks for the listen Ron and I appreciate the kind comments.
Yes, Phil has a load of terrific songs many of which could be stripped back and played acoustically without his signature drumming skills