App available in Microsoft Store

Is the beginners course / app available in the Microsoft store (I couldn’t find it). I’d like to switch between using the app on my phone and PC.

@MusopiaApps

As far as I know the app is only available for Android (Google Play) and Apple (App Store).
I bought it for my tablet and I find it perfect for everything, but the lessions :slight_smile: The lessions I find best on website, since there is direct link to community, the resources are there, etc.

1 Like

Thanks bk2.

Is there any difference in content between the app and the website? I’ve tended to interact mainly through the app.

plus others with a bit of searching.

Hi Tony @tweim1, here are some brief comments - you’ll find this info elsewhere but I think this addresses your basic concerns:

• The app is a mobile app, designed to work on iOS and Android. I believe people have successfully run it on a PC using an emulator that allows mobile apps to run on a PC. Also, most iOS apps run fairly well on newer Macs (they need to have an Apple M-series chip) - I’ve done this successfully.
  • As you might guess from the above, the app and the website use very different technology and don’t sync.
  • The content on the app and the website is basically the same. That said, I always recommend visiting the website after watching the lesson on the app. (I would sometimes use them simultaneously)! The website provides a written summary/notes about the lesson, and sometimes (not often) the notes contain clarifying information. It’s easy to update a website, a video - not so much!
  • Also, the website shows content from the Community for each lesson right along with the lesson.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

@judi thank you so much. That’s really helpful and makes sense.

What I’m not clear about is what the app provides over and above the website, notwithstanding the portability and mobility options that come with the ability to run the course on a phone / tablet.

1 Like

The app has a play along feature to the songs that isn’t compatible with the website.

@stitch many thanks

…and that play along feature was really helpful to me when I was starting out. It was nice to have the backing tracks, the chords, and the metronome all together!

1 Like

Hi Tony,

I use the App almost daily while on breaks at work…
I watch lessons in the Learning Path section, There are Strumming lessons in the Skill Section, it has a built in Tuner that works adequately well, there’s a Practice Section that includes Chord Exercises, Scales, Technique & more Strumming. There’s also a “Practice Session for Today” that I have not used. Mostly though, the guitar karaoke/play along feature is what gets most of my time spent on the app… it’s pretty cool & fun to pick a song with chords I know OR chords I’m practicing & (attempt to) play along with!!! Sometimes the songs I pick are too hard for my current level but it’s still a ton of fun!!! Once in a while, I’ll really nail one first time - those are great moments!!!

The content is through Grade 3 - not sure if more will be added later but I really enjoy the app…

Tod

1 Like

You can use bluestack on a windows PC to run android and install the JG app on that

1 Like

@judi Yeah, that sounds like a good feature that I’ll definitely use.

@CATMAN62 That is the type of thing I’d be looking to do.

@RobDickinson I tried to use something similar for another application once but didn’t go through with it. Think I found an alternative to running whatever it was on the PC.