Attempt at Sweet Home Chicago (module 13)

1. First take attempt, so much so I didn’t set the JustinGuitar app up to play it with vocals.
  2. I am about 2 years in, currently rounding off module 13.
  3. Trying to play without looking.
  4. Trying to play it standing.

Went to the wrong chord once and stopped prematurely. (One take).

Sometimes I wonder about creating a learning log…
Then I see against my user a link to see any audio or videos.
It’s 7 minutes, thought I might warn about that.

13 Likes

You’re doing well, Geoff

1 Like

Someone at work asked me when was I going to be in a band, thought that some way off, but joked I was going to form a band “AD”. ( Ageing Disgracefully ). But need to improve somewhat first…:grinning:. Thanks.

2 Likes

Nice steady rhythm there Geoff. Well done.

1 Like

Steady rhythm and clean chords Geoff, well done. But almost 8 minutes of strumming! I listened to the first 2. :grinning:
Interesting camera angle too.

2 Likes

Good job Geoff. Great song and I really like your Tele.

1 Like

Hence the warning and maybe you stopped before I fluffed a chord…:grinning:

1 Like

Squier Classic vibe, 50’s Tele.

Thinking about the tone as that was the bridge pickup on clean (was told not to post stuff for comment with distortion, so people could hear if chords were OK ), a Tube Screamer clone is on the Christmas list…

1 Like

That was really good Geoff. Nice steady strumming. And yes, I made to about 2 minutes. :wink:

1 Like

I went to wrong chord shortly after 2 minutes and a premature end on about the 7 minute mark…

:grinning:

1 Like

Hi Geoff
Solid performance. I love my classic vibe tele too, and I tend to use the bridge pick-up almost exclusively.
You did a good job of not looking at your fretting hand, next challenge for this piece might be not looking at the app and remembering the chords. That’s another useful skill to work on.
Looking forward to hearing some more from you.
Paul

1 Like

Really struggling with remembering songs…

“Paranoid”, maybe and possibly a couple of other simply structured songs…

1 Like

That will come with practice!

1 Like

Theres a riff/lick challenge out there…

1 Like

Sounding good there Geoff. Everything is looking and sounding good. Nice Tele too. I only did about 4 minutes though but it brought me 4 minutes of pleasure.

1 Like

I guess the trick is learning the words, then saying in your head if singing out load causes others pain… :smiley:

Hi Geoff,

Nice work.
Makes me want to re-watch the Blues Brothers.

“Come on
Oh, baby don’t you wanna go?”

To think, Robert Johnson’s version is the best part of 90 years old…

Digger

1 Like

Well played Geoff :clap:t4: Smooth strumming and steady beat. Working on this one myself as my first blues song.

1 Like